Unable to use GPIO`s within Openhab2

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007faf88609c28> #<Tag:0x00007faf886099a8> #<Tag:0x00007faf88609688>

Hi, i tried to get the GPIOs working under openhab2, but they wont. I put the “org.openhab.io.gpio-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar” and “org.openhab.binding.gpio-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar” in the addons folder and activated the binding within the Paper UI (“sudo adduser openhab gpio”-i did this as well).
They relay works fine with “gpio write 24 1/0” under the user openhab, as well with nodered.
The related item looks like this: Switch test_relay “test_relay” (test_relay) { gpio=“pin:24 activelow:no” }
Do you have any ideas or hints? I`m going to despair :frowning: CHeers Jesco

The log shows this error message “org.openhab.binding.gpio.gpiobinding(255)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found”

That message doesn’t come from the binding.

What does Karaf say about the binding status?

250 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201602140920 | openHAB GPIO IO Module
251 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201602140824 | openHAB GPIO Binding
182 | Active | 80 | 1.10.0 | openHAB GPIO Binding


Feature openhab-binding-gpio 1.10.0
Description:
GPIO Binding
Feature has no configuration
Feature has no configuration files
Feature depends on:
openhab-runtime-base 0.0.0
openhab-runtime-compat1x 0.0.0
openhab-io-gpio1 0.0.0
Feature contains followed bundles:
mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.gpio/1.10.0 start-level=80
Feature has no conditionals.

Now I started from scratch and got the same result!
Log:
2017-08-18 13:24:44.521 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.gpio ] - [org.openhab.binding.gpio.gpiobinding(232)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found; Component will fail
2017-08-18 13:24:44.528 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.gpio ] - [org.openhab.binding.gpio.gpiobinding(232)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
2017-08-18 13:24:44.546 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.gpio ] - [org.openhab.binding.gpio.gpiobinding(232)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
2017-08-18 13:24:44.553 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.gpio ] - [org.openhab.binding.gpio.gpiobinding(191)] The addBindingProvider method has thrown an exception

Karaf:
186 | Active | 80 | 1.10.0 | openHAB GPIO Binding
187 | Active | 80 | 1.10.0 | openHAB GPIO IO Module

226 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201602140824 | openHAB GPIO Binding
227 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201602140920 | openHAB GPIO IO Module

I’d recommend uninstalling the 1.9 versions and then restarting OH.

Error messages within the log are gone, but it doesnt`t work anyway.

You’re going to have to be more specific.

First, get a debug log to check for problems.

After a few days of research here in the forum, I found the solution. Using the 1.x EXEC binding instead of the 2.1 and everything is working fine!