Hello openHAB Community,
My name is Celine and I am currently a student at the Technical University of Munich. Along with my team, we are thinking of starting an open-source project for the Motor Home industry and would like to interview some open-source developers like yourselves to better understand open-source projects, developer needs and pain points.
We ideally hope to be able to conduct the interview through zoom sessions with some of you, as we believe that we can get more valuable insights from verbal and expressive communication rather than through text.
Below are some of the questions:
- What programming languages are you skilled in?
- Are there any programming languages that are more suitable for certain open-source projects than others?
- How did you get involved with OpenHAB?
- What are some of the features/things that attracts you the most in OpenHAB? Or any home automation open-source projects?
- Are you involved in other smart home open-source projects?
- What are some things that you dislike or think could be improve on in smart home open-source projects?
This is the first time we are reaching out to the industry, so we would really appreciate some feedback. This is also my first time posting in this forum, so I hope I am in the right category, otherwise, please direct me to the right one.
Please let me know if you would like to help out with the interview. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from some of you!