Understanding rollershutter groups

Hi

I have 5 SOMFY rollershutters at home. I can command them separately, no problem

Now, I wanted to make groups (All, South and West).

This works fine also, I can command them by group and the appropriate RS are closing down or opening up

My issue is with the ICONs. When I use 1 group (all) and put all of them in that group, if I close 1, the icon changes for the group.

But If I play with 3 groups, icons are never updating, and on iOS app, the icons for the groups are not displayed (it shows a switch, instead of the 3 buttons)

Here is my config
/* Screens */
Group:Rollershutter:OR(DOWN,UP) All_Screen “All Screens” (Screens)
Group:Rollershutter:OR(DOWN,UP) South_Screen “South Screens” (All_Screen)
Group:Rollershutter:OR(DOWN,UP) West_Screen “West Screens” (All_Screen)
Rollershutter Screen1 “Screen 1 (Bureau)” (South_Screen) { channel=“rfxcom:rfy:189cc8fd:screen1:shutter” }
Rollershutter Screen2 “Screen 2 (Annexe)” (South_Screen) { channel=“rfxcom:rfy:189cc8fd:screen2:shutter” }
Rollershutter Screen3 “Screen 3 (Terrasse 1)” (West_Screen) { channel=“rfxcom:rfy:189cc8fd:screen3:shutter” }
Rollershutter Screen4 “Screen 4 (Terrasse 2)” (West_Screen) { channel=“rfxcom:rfy:189cc8fd:screen4:shutter” }
Rollershutter Screen5 “Screen 5 (Cuisine)” (West_Screen) { channel=“rfxcom:rfy:189cc8fd:screen5:shutter” }

and sitemap

Frame label=“Screens” {
Text item=All_Screen icon=“rollershutter” {
Switch item=All_Screen label=“All Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Switch item=South_Screen label=“South Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Switch item=West_Screen label=“West Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Frame {

Default item=Screen1
Default item=Screen2
Default item=Screen3
Default item=Screen4
Default item=Screen5

}
}
}

If I use a simpler sitemap like this

Frame label=“Screens” {
Text item=All_Screen icon=“rollershutter” {
Default item=All_Screen label=“All Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Default item=South_Screen label=“South Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Default item=West_Screen label=“West Screens” icon="rollershutter"
Default item=Screen1
Default item=Screen2
Default item=Screen3
Default item=Screen4
Default item=Screen5

}
}

I don’t have any possibility to group actions but all icons are working fine

You can’t build an OR with Rollershutter Items. A Rollershutter Item is of Type Number (!) when getting the state, and there are three different states to control them. You can try to use AVG to build the group state.

So maybe I wasn’t clear…

The OR(DOWN,UP) works fine, it is just that the icons are not updated on my firefox. Icons are updated on the iOS app.

And on iOS app, the group commands are displayed like a switch and not with 3 buttons (UP STOP DOWN). I can get it working with a mapping, but I can’t have the same icons as for a normally defined rollershutter item

Hi, currently having the same problem. How did you solve it?

Really, as the Items never hold the status DOWN nor UP, I doubt that a Group Item will :slight_smile:
UP, DOWN and STOP are commands, not status, a rollershutter Item (whether a simple Item or a group Item) has always a status 0 - 100 (or NULL if not yet initialized)

You can use MIN, MAX or AVG to build the Group status, but not OR. Another option would be to use a rule to postUpdate the status.