Unknown device: Honeywell 39337 / Jasco 4103

single-plug version of the Jasco 4106, id 39342

running openhab 2.5.3, same in 2.5.4-snapshot, item not in any of the databases.

(can’t upload attachment for network file as a new user)

relevant openhab.log message:
020-04-17 13:36:49.734 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 3: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0039:5052:3038::5.23

Welcome to the Community!

Please give as much info as possible when asking for help.

What binding are you using? What file are you trying to upload and where? How did you install OH and what are you running it on?

zwave binding 2.5.3
installed via paperui
running on OH 2.5.3 installed via source/commandline on linux debian/mint

(was trying to upload the zwave network file created for the node to this forum, but as a new user i cannot yet)

i’m also trying to add a ESH-INF/thing/honeywell/39337_0_0.xml file to the org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.3.jar but clearly failing to get that file updated correctly:

Failed to update bundle: /opt/openzwave/2.5.3/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.3.jar with ID 250. The bundle has been uninstalled

so that workaround attempt is still in progress

Looking at the device list here I didn’t see the ones you have listed.

Maybe @chris or @Bruce_Osborne can help.

ugh, digits transposed.

from that table:
Honeywell 39342 / Jasco ZW4106 Plug-In Smart Switch (Dual Linked Outlets, Grounded)

what i have is the single outlet version of this, which is a 39337, unlisted.
So definitely not supported yet, just hoping it’s a simple modification of the other.

The two guys I tagged above should be able to add or let you know what can be done.

Is it the same as this one -:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1045

What error are you getting?

Definitely matches the enclosure, description, specs.
I do have the xml for that in my jar.
The network file shows

0x39
0x3038
0x5052

but the paperui shows:…
zwave_deviceid 12344
zwave_devicetype 20562
zwave_frequent false
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 57

which matches the id/type (but not manufacturer?) from here:

as for the tweaked jar,

2020-04-17 14:27:17.410 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openzwave/2.5.3/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.3.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [290]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial

with the file there, even with “access remote repo” disabled, it still pulls the remote binding jar (based on file and hash inspection)

Yes, exactly. These sort of devices are often rebadged, but at least it makes it easier to generate the database entry once we have your XML running.

Sorry - what is the “tweaked jar”?

following these instructions:

to add what i hoped was an additional honeywell xml file to the jar and install that one instead.

finally have succeeded by installing another binding (plugwise) that provides the missing serial binding,
still not capturing the honeywell switch, though at least my zwave binding supported list shows my:
“39337 / Jasco ZW4103 Plug-In Smart Switch (Single Outlet, Grounded)”

Ooh.
Now that I can update the jar file, I can tweak the
5052:3038
until it works.
Which it now does.
Sweet.

Guess I should get this pushed to the database then,
will go read up on that process.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide