Unknown device: Telldus Plug-in Switch Mini, TZWP-102

Sorry, a bit quick. What XML file did you expect, and where do I find it in the OH 2.5.1 on my RPi4B?

Then openHAB has not fully discovered the device. We need the file generated by OH to update the database. The xml file should be in the zwave directory of userdata.

Thanks,
There must definitely be a file present somewhere covering the first 5 parameters, but the last 5 are missing. There is a reference to a version the Telldus XML file in the first entry of this topic. See above. Sorry, but I am not very familiar with Linux search so it will be a bit of pain for me to run a search.

As you suspect new parameters for your device we need YOUR xml file to find the firmware version and probably new command classes.
With a standard openHABian setup you should have easy access to that file through samba

1 Like

Found a XML file that relates to a node using the Telldus device in mention, but not sure though if is a relevant file?

network_eed850ab__node_14.xml (11.6 KB)

Looks correct to me.

Thx, done:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/863

Problem was that the initial contributor who added the device to the database did not complete all the data from the manual (he is now on my forum ignore list :male_detective: )

1 Like

Excellent sihui , Thanks,
I can see the parameters added, but I’m using HABmin for configuration, so how to make the additional parameters appear in HABmin? I guess that’s not something I can do, or…?

1. The database is usually exported once a week and then picked up in a 2.5.2 snapshot binding build.
  2. You can then uninstall your zwave binding and manually install the snapshot binding.
  3. Delete the Thing from OH (do NOT exclude).
  4. Rediscover the Thing to get the new discovery parameters.
1 Like

Thanks, perfect!
I know how to uninstall a binding, and I found the 2.5.2 snapshots here https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Distribution/ (right?), but how do I know if/when the zwave update in mention is included, and is there a working cookbook (URL) on how to install snapshots?
Also, how risky are these snapshots? Just trying to stay out of more trouble.

You did not read point 1. The database was last exported to GitHub 7 days ago, before that change.
You then wait for a snapshot to be built sometime after the export time.

I have not had a chance to try the new 2.5.1 addon system. I would recommend you be on 2.5.1 before trying an addons snapshot.

Thanks for the info.

Hi all,
Sorry for reopening this Telldus TZWP-102 Topic again, but in my now downgraded OH2.5.12 the Telldus Parameter 16 (report on change of power consumption) is no longer available for editing. Hence a pain for proper operation of my 20+ such devises.
I guess I was hoping that OH3 and the downgraded OH2.5.12 is using the same Binding.
So, is this something that can be updated?
Anyone observed this issue in OH3.x?
Thanks

That is not the way it works. However, using this XML
tzwp102_0_0.xml (9.3 KB) and this procedure you may be able to upgrade your jar.

Thanks Bob for quick response.
OH2.5.9 is working fine and OH2.5.12 is just a (minor?) upgrade, so a few questions:

1. Your referenced Topic headline says: “… while waiting for a build”, but I guess there will never be one for OH 2.5.12, or could minor issues like this be updated in the next OH3 update? OH3 should at leased be checked for presence of same issue.
  2. OH2.5.9 and OH2.5.12 must have the very same Binding interface (file structure etc.), so can relevant working z-wave Binding file(s) from OH2.5.9 simply be copied to OH2.5.12, and if so, which file(s) are involved?
    Would make life easier for me!
    Thanks

It is possible I do not understand what you are doing.

What does this mean? Did you try OH3.x and then go back to OH2.5.12 or did you upgrade from OH2.5.9 to 2.5.12 and are just curious about 3.0?

I did go through some history on the device and parameter 16 has always been there. As near as I can tell 2.5.9 and 2.5.12 are the same for this device. I do see in Jan 26,2020 that parameters 17 thru 104 were added (probably about 2.5.1). The last 2.5 binding is dated Nov 25,2020. There will be no more. I do not see how you could have a problem unless you tried 3.x along the way.

Strict validation was introduced in 3.2 and parameter 16 would only report 0=disabled. However, that was fixed on April 7, 2022, so 3.3 and 3.4.x should all be fine. If you did try 3.x that might still be in memory somewhere. I’d suggest deleting the device (do no exclude) and rescan to see if it is editable again.

Thanks Bob. Enlightening.

I did a fresh install of OH3 using openhabian 1.7.4 (OH3,4 I guess) and downgraded to OH2.5.12 using openhabian-config. So no OH3.2 or less as far as I remember.

I had to do it this way to get a good version of Frontail.
Editing the openhabian.conf file to branch=stable before installing loads a crappy version of Frontail.

After that I Restored the system using my working OH2.5.9 system Backup (but without Z_Stick attached during restore). HABmin report parameters, but not the correct once. So i started parameter updates and discovered the parameter issue in mention.

I will start from scratch once more and use openhabian 1.7.5.
BTW Is the .xml file you attached the good OH2 or the bad OH3 version?

Ill keep you posted.
Stay tuned

So I suspected more was going on :wink:

Good. Because of the rigorous checking by the OH core, the parameter was changed from Limit to options = false from Limit to options = true That’s all. No other changes since Jan 26, 2020

My unsolicited advice is to get OH3.4 working and not worry about OH2.5.x. The UI is much better.

Bob,
Thanks for the unsolicited advice. Probably a good one, which I have heard before.
BUT, the thing is I have OH2.5.12 running OK (with files only) except for the Z-Wave parameter issue in mention. You know - Irritating - right??
So the question remains: Can it be fixed in a quick (and dirty) way?
I’ll take a closer look at the procedure pointed to above.
Thanks again and stay well.
Bjorn