Unknown items in HomeKit

I am trying to configure the HomeKit addon with openHAB, but I’m very confused by the items that are exposed in HomeKit!

This is what I did:

I already had a home.items from my experiments with Alexa, and from what I understood from the docs, I left it as is and expected the items to show up in HomeKit:

Group gOfficeThermostat "Büro" [ "Thermostat" ]
Number OfficeThermostatCurrentTemp (gOfficeThermostat) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {channel="homematic:HG-BC-TC-C-WM-4:f17c8670:MKF0042762:1#ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE"}
Number OfficeThermostatSetTemperature (gOfficeThermostat) [ "TargetTemperature" ] {channel="homematic:HG-BC-TC-C-WM-4:f17c8670:MKF0042762:1#SET_TEMPERATURE"}
String OfficeThermostatControlMode "Control Mode" (gOfficeThermostat) ["homekit:HeatingCoolingMode"] {channel="homematic:HG-BC-TC-C-WM-4:f17c8670:MKF0042762:1#CONTROL_MODE"}

With Alex, I can control the Thermostat quite well - I get the current temperature and I can set the target temperature which is enough for the very moment.

Now after installing and configuring the HomeKit Integration, I fired up the Home App on my iPhone and searched for new devices. openHAB was discovered nicely and connecting to it seemed to work well. HOWEVER, after connecting to openHAB, Home App discovers 4 devices which I did not expect. Besides a thermostat - which was expected - it discovers these 3 devices whose names I do not know at all:

• Light “Garage”
  • Light “Table”
  • Light “Workshop”

Funny enough, when I switch there lights on and off from within the Home App, they seem to work! But when I try to change the temperature of the thermostat, nothing happens or Home App says it cannot connect.

Where do the devices come from? Look like some test devices to me. Which devices are published in the HomeKit service, and how can I verify what is going on?

Thanks!!

Edit: I’ve also configured my items in homekit.items, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Dang! I was running an old test instance that I had completely forgotten about, and that’s what I connected to!

Can this thread be erased? :slight_smile: