Unknown value 'CONT' for PRESS virtual datapoint, only SHORT,LONG,LONG_RELEASE allowed

Hi All,

I have an issue with my homematic ‘hm pb 6 wm 55’.

Often, when I press the Long_channel (Long_press), I receive following message in log:

Unknown value 'CONT' for PRESS virtual datapoint, only SHORT,LONG,LONG_RELEASE allowed

Any idea, what it is? I googled but could not find a sufficient answer.

Thanks
Dom

Same here . I think the Binding must be Update by the Maintainer to support this Datapoint.
If the Datapoint is supported you can use this for Dimming or Rollershuter, I think.

same here :wink: Any idea how to reach out to the developer?

I think here is the right Place…

1 Like

thx, I have submitted a bugfix request. no clue if this helps :wink:

2 Likes

I experience the same issue for my HM-PB-2-WM55-2 since I switched to 2.2 stable release

This datapoint is existing for almost all devices which contain keypresses. I see this message also with HM-RC-4-3 & HM-Sen-DB-PCB.

The datapoint definition also lists it.

http://www.eq-3.de/Downloads/eq3/download%20bereich/hm_web_ui_doku/hm_devices_Endkunden.pdf

Agree that it is listed as a datapoint. The thing is, that at the moment this message is listed in the log, the long_press action wouldn‘t be executed.

This is not the behavior I expect. But let’s wait for the developers…

I understand the button logic like the following (i didn’t check the times, these are just examples):

• when a button is pressed only a short time, upon release the PRESS_SHORT channel is triggerd
  • when a button is pressed for let’s say 5 seconds, PRESS_LONG channel is triggered
  • when the button is still pressed 10 seconds later PRESS_CONT channel is triggered
  • when the button is released after PRESS_LONG was triggered, PRESS_LONG_RELEASE is triggered

Additional to this, there is also a PRESS datapoint. This one gets the values SHORT, LONG, CONT, LONG_RELEASE accordingly to the triggered channels. The enumeration behind this needs to be extended to include also the “CONT” value.