Unstable OH and errors in logging

Hello all,

A few months ago I’d try to install the ‘mail binding’ om my RPi. I didn’t succeed in that so I removed it.
(I’m configuring everything using txt-files, so I just removed it out of the ‘addons.cfg’-life)
Since then my system isn’t stable anymore and needs to restart every few weeks (which isn’t very good for the W.A.F. :slight_smile: )

I see the next message passing by every minute since the above.

2020-10-20 11:33:01.748 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-action-mail’: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus; type=karaf.feature; version=“[2.5.6,2.5.6]”; filter:=“(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.6)(version<=2.5.6))” [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.6: missing requirement [openhab-binding-modbus/2.5.6] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-transport-modbus; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-transport-modbus/2.5.6: missing requirement [openhab-transport-modbus/2.5.6] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus; type=osgi.bundle; version=“[2.5.9,2.5.9]”; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9: missing requirement [org.openhab.io.transport.modbus/2.5.9] osgi.wiring.package; filter:=“(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.commons.pool2)(version>=2.8.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))”]]]

In the message I see things about the mail-binding, but also about the Modbus-binding I’m using. To be honest I don’t understand what’s been told in the message and how to solve the ‘problem’. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Regrads Jaco

There is an addons.config file as well as addons.cfg. One should roughly follow the other, but you’ll want to make sure you removed the unwanted ‘mail’ from both.

Note; your error message is about mail Action, the v1 Action was indeed removed due to clashing with v2 binding (which supplies a new Action).

Whatever version you are running, the installer is “helpfully” trying to install latest release of modbus binding 2.5.9
That’s a problem because 2.5.9 modbus binding has a packaging error.

To thwart the installer, you’ll have to de-install modbus and then manually install 2.5.8 or a snapshot 2.5.10 by putting the jar in your addons folder.

First of all thank you for you quick reply @rossko57.

You where right. the addons.config file contained some ‘leftovers’ of ‘mail’. After removing them from the file I don’t see mail-errors anymore.

I still see some Modbus-errors, but most likely that’s because I’ve updated from 2.5.8 to 2.5.9. That’s because I cannot find the 2.5.10 binding you’re talking about. Can you tell me where I can find this snapshot-binding?