UOM on KNX and the wind of units

i have (OH 4.0.3) a knx-channel with following config:

- id: WindgeschwindigkeitWinti
    channelTypeUID: knx:number
    label: Windgeschwindigkeit Winti
    description: ""
    configuration:
      ga: <31/1/4

and i have linked an item named KNXWintiStoren_WindGeschwindigkeit from type Number:Dimensionless:
Metadata: Unit m/s
Statedescription, Pattern: %.1f m/s

this time it does not fill any more values in and tells in log:
Failed to update item 'KNXWintiStoren_WindGeschwindigkeit' because '0.91 °C' could not be converted to the item unit 'one'

Why it is not using the correct units from the DPT it gets? Most DPT has a unit. Why it is using °C and not m/s as i configured in unit and Pattern? What i have to do to configure correctly to avoid this generally?

The DPT is not transmitted, only the value is. You need to configure the DPT and it’ll work.

ok, i added the correct dpt (wich i got from ETS):

- id: WindGeschwindigkeit
    channelTypeUID: knx:number
    label: Wind Geschwindigkeit
    description: ""
    configuration:
      ga: 9.005:<31/1/4

Result:

2023-11-09 11:29:57.070 [WARN ] [penhab.core.library.items.NumberItem] - Failed to update item 'KNXWintiStoren_WindGeschwindigkeit' because '0.16 m/s' could not be converted to the item unit 'one'
2023-11-09 11:30:07.089 [WARN ] [penhab.core.library.items.NumberItem] - Failed to update item 'KNXWintiStoren_WindGeschwindigkeit' because '0 m/s' could not be converted to the item unit 'one'

That unfortunatly not works

Can you show the item definition? At least the unit is now correct (m/s).

today in morning i changed the unit because i wanted to see unit m/s to get difference from other mearurements which im measuring in km/h

and in this measurement i did not configured one on any place. thats also something what i dont understandw hy it is catching the value as “one”

oh, i changed now to
Number:Speed

and now it works! So both is needed, the correct DPT 9.005 in channel-definition and number:speed in item definition to get it working!
Thank you very much!

1 Like