Update from 2.4 to 2.5 Zigbee TRADFRI Signal Repeater - No supported clusters found

This shows that the handler hasn’t initialised, so this means that none of the properties will update. I’m not really sure why this is and I’m not able to test this as I don’t have this device.

If the device is joined to the network, it should work fine - there’s nothing that can be configured or changed.

Hi all,

I have bought some Tradfri repeaters myself and see the same issue.

So just to confirm:
A plain router/repeater with no additional user function will show as “OFFLINE - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR” in OpenHAB but will still forward messages.

If the device falls out of the network and stops working at some point, will the status change?
For example, to “Offline - Gone” or something similar?

These devices, as far as I know, don’t support any “user functions”, so the binding doesn’t really do anything with them, and doesn’t monitor them since there is nothing to monitor. This should not stop it being used as a repeater if it’s included into a network.

1 Like

Similar issues in OH 3. But I do see zigbee_neighbors showing up in the Things API Get call so I assume it is working.

Indeed there is nothing you can set or see.

Try:

openhab> zigbee bindtable node

where you fill in the node number as last argument. This will give “Empty”

If you do that on another node (e.g. a rollerblind from ikea) it will give some clusters.
I found this list online of possible clusters: Zigbee Profile ID List-Public Profile IDs,Zigbee Device IDs (rfwireless-world.com)

I am having the same problem. I had a functioning setup with a zigbee hat, ikea repeater and ikea roller blind. Everything was working fine. My OH setup remained untouched.

One day, the repeater goes offline in OH for no apparent reason. No matter what combinations of resetting and scanning for hardware I use, it is just not being picked up any more by OH.

Hello, does anyone have a solution to the problem in the meantime? I am using OH4.0.3 and have the same problem with the two repeaters I recently bought from Ikea.

Hello everyone!
Same problem on my side. Device is still shown as OFFLINE with HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR. If it is working anyway, there is definitively room for improvement. What are the thoughts of the addon developer?

Best regards