carabila
(Andrea Carabillo)
November 8, 2017, 9:42pm
1
Hi, I’ve updated the bticino binding to support numeric passwords for gateways that need it (like the touch panel H/L4684).
pull-request
This can be easily configured in the service configuration by providing the parameter “passwd”
(i.e. webserver.passwd = 00000)
Currently there’s an on going pull request in the main repo, if anyone would like to try it with the touch panel and/or webservice (to make sure it doesn’t break existing setups) and let me know what you think.
Hi Andrea,
I tried it with myhomeserver1 but it gives an error due to the password format (alphanumeric).
I reported the issue on github:
opened 08:29PM - 10 Apr 18 UTC
closed 11:50AM - 14 May 18 UTC
wontfix
I have a gateway that requires an alphanumeric password but the connector seems … to allow only numerical password.
## Expected Behavior
in services/bticino.cfg should be possible to use alphanumeric passwords
## Current Behavior
Here is the error I receive:

## Possible Solution
under openhab1-addons/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.bticino/src/main/java/com/myhome/fcrisciani/connector/
change password string definition
## Steps to Reproduce (for bugs)
in services/bticino.cfg insert this item:
webserver.passwd=Test1234
then launch openhub server (under windows "start.bat"
## Context
my bticino gateway is myhomeserver1 that requires an alphanumeric password
## Your Environment
openhab 2.2.0
win10
myhomeserver1
thanks
massi
(Massimo)
May 14, 2018, 10:18am
3
Alphanumeric passwords (HMAC protocol) are now supported in the new OpenWebNet binding for OpenHAB 2.x that is under development.
See this thread:
Hello community,
I’m happy to announce the first version of the new BTicino (Legrand) / OpenWebNet binding for openHAB 2.
This is the first known openHAB 2 binding for BTicino/Legrand gateways and devices to support both BUS/SCS and BTicino ZigBee (using USB dongle).
Supported so far:
WHO=1 Lighting (switches/dimmers)
WHO=2 Automation (shutters)
WHO=4 Thermoregulation (thermostats and sensors)
WHO=15/25 CEN/CEN+ (scenario buttons and dry contact / IR sensors)
WHO=18 Energy Management (centr…
Suggestion is to use the new binding if you have a BTicino gateway that uses alphanumeric password like MyHOMEServer1.
Massi