Updating OpenHab2 Plugins

Continuing the discussion from Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), are OpenHab 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT plugins supported on OH 2.2 release (manual Raspberry Pi Jessie) installations?

I’m trying to update the OneBusAway plugin. I’ve pulled down the 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT kar, unzipped it, and placed org.openhab.binding.onebusaway-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in my addons folder, stopped and started openhab with no change. bundle:list -s |grep onebus does not show an active plugin, let alone the 2.3.0 version. I’ve verified ownership, permissions, and even tried renaming the jar to remove the -2.3.0-SNAPSHOT portion with no success. Manually extracting the components of the JAR show no obvious file problems.

Appreciate any guidance on how to complete this update!

David

You can install snapshot version of bindings on top of stable core release. No need to download and unzip the whole addons.kar package. https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.onebusaway/ for example here you can find the binding you are after. Just choose version and download.

You could check what bundle:list outputs without grep onebus to make sure there’s notging pointing to older versions.

Switching log level to debug (or even trace) might give you more information. Do this before copying .jar to addons folder and keep log:tail open while you copy it.

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.onebusaway

Thanks, Mika! I’m feeling quite foolish. I didn’t realize the addons directory was /usr/share/opendata2/addons. I had been trying to drop files in userdata/kar/openhab-addons-2.2.0/org/openhab/addons. :stuck_out_tongue: Once I used the correct directory, OH picked up the plugin. Thanks again!

David

1 Like