Updating the state of an item sends a command to the item instead

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: VM with 4 cores from i5 2400 /2Gb/15Gb
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu11.48+21-CA (build 11.0.11+9-LTS)
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0-1
    • Binding used: HTTP Binding 3.1.0
  • Issue: Hello everyone, apologies if I am writing something incorrectly here, this is my first post of this kind… :baby:
    Since the update to 3.1.0-1, whenever a state update is sent to an item, a command is sent instead. I will display one rule here as an example but this happens to every rules. For now I have all these kind of rules disabled.
    I have tried to downgrade to previous available versions even back to 3.0.0 but the issue remains.
  • Configurations:
    • Items configuration: (applies to BedsdideLamps, BedroomLights, DeskLamp)
      class: Point_control
      relatesTo: Property_Light
      Amazon Alexa: Lighting
      Apple HomeKit: Lighting.Lighting.Brightness

• Rules code related to the issue:

- id: "1"
    configuration:
      command: ON
      itemName: DeskLamp
    type: core.ItemCommandTrigger
  - id: "2"
    configuration:
      itemName: BedsideLamps
  - id: "3"
    configuration:
      itemName: BedroomChandelier
conditions: []
actions:
  - id: "4"
    configuration:
      itemName: BedroomLights
      state: ON
    type: core.ItemStateUpdateAction ```

* Logs:
``` 2021-07-07 15:26:58.349 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'BedsideLamps' changed from 100 to 0
2021-07-07 15:26:58.350 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'BedroomLights' changed from 100 to 0
2021-07-07 15:27:04.746 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'BedsideLamps' received command ON
2021-07-07 15:27:04.751 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'BedsideLamps' predicted to become ON
2021-07-07 15:27:04.757 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'BedsideLamps' changed from 0 to 100
2021-07-07 15:27:04.760 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'BedroomLights' changed from 0 to 100 ```

First, please use code fences.

```
code goes here
```

It’s really hard to read code and logs without proper formatting. This is especially important for YAML where white space is meaningful.

Is this the only rule that updates or commands BedroomLights? These logs look a lot like you have some other rule that is being triggered which is issuing a command in response to some event.

Given the logs above BedroomLights changes from 100 to 0 and then six seconds later it receives a command ON. The statements after that are related to that command. Because of that six second delay there is no reason to think that the change from 100 to 0 has anything to do with the ON command.

Then the problem is not caused by the version of OH. The problem is caused by something else and with the current set of data there isn’t enough information to rule much of anything out. Maybe you have another rule. Maybe you have an Expire metadata on this Item and forgot about it.

Oh my, I was wondering why it wasn’t formatting :upside_down_face:
Thank you rlkoshak for pointing it out , I was using < code > < /code > :cold_face:
Thank you also for your fast reply and the pointers ! - I will take a close look to all my rules, disable them all, then try etc.