I have this combination running without any issues.
Check your addons.cfg for invalid entries (version1 bindings where version2 bindings exist, but you still have the system setting for legacy bindings set to OFF).
Also check the release notes for 2.5 stable.
@asjohnson9 also check /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config for invalid entries as well as addons.cfg as sihui mentioned. If you need to make a change to /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config stop OH first then make the change.
Another idea is to maybe try uninstalling the cloud binding, deleting the UUID in var/lib/openhab2/uuid (use text editor and not just delete the file) and reinstall the binding. A new uuid will be created and you can then go to myopencloud site and remove the old uuid and replace with the new one.
I re-installed the cloud binding this morning. All was well. This afternoon, I realized that I had un-installed the amazonechocontrol binding as part of my troubleshooting. As soon as I attempted to install the amazon binding, my zwave controller stopped.
Essentially, when I make changes, my zwave controller stops. I attempted to manually start from the console, it is currently in “Waiting” mode.
A copy of a startup log (openhab.log) uploaded here might provide some clues for getting to the bottom of your problem rather than guessing at exactly what’s going on based solely on the symptoms. I also think it might not hurt to see what bindings are installed and active. A common problem is having multiple versions of the same binding installed simultaneously:
The logs were not telling me a lot, just “Zwave stopped”. I got things working yesterday by using the amazonechocontro.jar file and removing/reinstalling the zwave binding from paper UI. Kind of strange, I was running the 2.5 zwave beta on my 2.4 version prior to this weekend.