Upgrade do 2.5.2-1 Error while starting bundle: file:

hi,
I was trying to upgrade OH 2.5.1-1 to 2.5.2-1 on RPi3/Buster.
After the upgrade I started getting errors like in the subject for 2 bundles - eBus and this one:

Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.weathercompany-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

at the same time OH was causing load making Pi hardly accessible via SSH (top reported up to 170% CPU usage).
I downgraded and I’m fine again but want to come back to upgrade again soon. My question is:

• how to approach such a problem? my idea was to disable /uninstall addons and upgrade without them and reinstall but I don’t know how to disable bundles when OH is not running (if running then with Karaf console I’m fine to do it)?
    I tried to restart couple of times after clearing cache (with openhab-cli as well as manually) - it didn’t help.
    Any hints?
    It is so frustrating that for some time now, at least every other upgrade even on minor versions breaks something. I don’t know whether it’s binding problem or core OH problem. At least would be nice if OH skipped this error bindings and started without for bindings which don’t have problems

Try uninstalling those two bindings, upgrade OH then reinstall them.

thanks I was thinking of it but isn’t there a way to disable it after upgrade? I’m asking because my OH didn’t start, I don’t know whether it displayed these 2 errors and stopped(but could be more) or rather no more should appear. In case there can be more I will not know them upfront, better to be able to disable them after upgrade and push installation forward step-by-step

Remove the manually installed weathercompany-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT binding from the addons folder. If you need it, install the new version through the Paper UI.

Bruce that sounds like a good idea. Let me try it and report later the results. I don’t remember how I installed it, it is possible it was manually
Update - Indeed it worked well

1 Like