Upgrade from 3.1 or 3.2 to 3.3

I manage a number of openHABian systems and want up upgrade some to 3.3 while we test the new 3.4 release on a select few systems. Can someone tell me the process for doing this?

openhabian-config has a menu option to upgrade OH. I forget which but if you browse around it should be apparent. Review the breaking changes for each version to see if they apply to you. You can find a link to the list of changes including the breaking changes in the announcements category threads. The description of the change usually tells you what you need to do, if anything, to accommodate it.

That was the first place I looked but the only options are current release, milestone, snapshot, and OH2.

In that case you’ll have to run the apt command yourself and specify the target version.

Yes I guess the apt command is what I’m looking for.

If you are on the right repo then you can use

02 | Upgrade System      Update all installed software packages (incl. openHAB) to their latest version

Menu entry

40 | openHAB Related     Switch the installed openHAB version or apply tweaks

is only required to switch between snapshot, milestone, OH2, release.

If you are on 3.X already and release tree then option 02 should be the right one which in the background does apt update; apt upgrade.

OP wants to upgrade to 3.3 release, not jump straight to 3.4 release.