My house came with an ADT SafeWatchPro 3000 installed. The system has multiple door switches and PIR motion sensors. I’d like to upgrade the system, and bring it into this HA age. Ultimately I’d like all of this to be run from OpenHAB.
I’ve done a bit of reading and there are few options out there, including this hardware: ESP32, Konnected.io, RPI and a multitude of sensors.
I’d like to get a bit more pointers and experience from fellow Home Automation/Security enthusiasts on how to upgrade my home/system.
Here is some information about the current system:
- There are 4 mechanical door sensors (see pic below).
- There are also 4 PIR Motion Detectors
- No sensors for the windows.
The system is about 18 years old and due for a face-lift. So, moving forward, here is what I’d like to do:
- Re-purpose/re-use the door switches (or at least their wires), might even replace the switches with something more modern if needed.
- Install wireless switches for the windows (22×)
- Replace the main board, downstairs in the basement.
- Replace the main control keypad (near the entrance door), used to arm/disarm the system.
- Also replace the PIR sensors, most likely there is newer/better technology today.
Thus, the system must be able to manage:
22× Windows sensors (wireless)
4× Door Sensors (wired)
4× PIR Sensors (wired)
Cameras, and other IoT gadgets.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
PS. I realize this is not entirely an OpenHAB question, but ultimately I want to build a system that works with OpenHAB.