first of all I really would say thank you to the maintainers and all community helpers. OpenHAB is such a great open source home automatisation software
Just a short overview of my current setup:
- Raspberry Pi 3+ running with openHAB 2.4
- Integration of lights, heating, trash calendar, nas, tv, presence detection, power plugs
- All configuration is made via files and daily backup of all configuration files is available
What is the recommened way or best practice for upgrading to openHAB 2.5? I have an additional Raspberry Pi 4 available which will be used for upgrading. I was just thinking about the following two options for upgrading:
- Clone the existing system to a new microSD, insert this one into the Raspberry 4 and doing an update from 2.4 to 2.5 via the openHABian configuration tool.
- Do a clean install of openHAB 2.5 to a new microSD, insert this one into the Raspberry 4 and restoring the backed up configuration files.
I would like to say that I personally prefer the second option as the actual openHABian 1.5 release also includes the new base OS (Rasbian Buster). So would have u done? All advices or oppions are welcome