Upload files via FTP

• Platform information:

• Hardware: dual xenon server with 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    • OS: Proxmox Ubuntu 18.04 LTS install using openhabian project guide on website.
    • Java Runtime Environment: 8
    • openHAB version: 2.5
  • Issue of the topic:

So I have done a fresh install of openhab2 on a container in proxmox running ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I am able to get into openhab-cli via ssh but when I had this running in raspiberry pi 3, I was able to use FileZilla to upload text files to the things, etc directories. I am not able to figure out why I can’t get into the directories using the linux setup I have done. I have tried all the passwords that are set as defaults during the installation but keeps saying ‘connection refused’. Was this function removed from the update?

If you can provide some instructions on how I can achieve this, that would be great.

Thanks

That would be a Linux or Docker issue, not openHAB.
Exactly what instructions did you use?

From here:

OpenHABian has the option to install and configure Samba bu not FTP, as far as I am aware.

I’m using Krusader, https://krusader.org/, works great with smb.

Which is not FTP, the subject of this thread.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

I don’t know promox so I can’t tell if something is blocked by default but If you can connect via ssh into ubuntu, you can use filezilla with SFTP just set the port to 22 and you should be able to login with the same credentials you use with ssh.

1 Like

Port 22 fixes it. Thanks!

You must be using scp or sftp then. Ftp does not use port 22.

Ssh and it’s derivatives use port 22.