Uprgrade from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4

today i received an upgrade through bintray channel.
After restart (reboot) i get in the gui the message " offline waiting for connection" every approx 30 sec.
followed by the entry in logfile:
2020-04-21 07:45:43.415 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/event-stream, type=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent, genericType=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent.
2020-04-21 07:45:43.423 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/event-stream, type=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent, genericType=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent.

What have d from 2.53. to 2.5.4 ?

Ciao Gerd

Try reboot again.

Ok it seems now its gone…
But why it wont work after 1st reboot ?

Ciao Gerd

I have no idea, but its typical to do some more reboots after cache/tmp has been cleared. Upgrading openhab will clear cache/tmp each time.

It seems commonplace now to take up to 3 restarts along with clearing cache and tmp. Since these resolve the immediate concern the developers have not pursued the underlying bugs.

You dont need to /shouldn´t perform manual clearing cache/tmp when doing upgrade. The upgrade script will clear those folder for you.
But at least two restarts are needed, First one will be done automaticly, and then second should be done when the first restart is totally done (settled) which can be very difficult to spot when… But I would say aprox 5-10 minutes after first restart should cover most avarage systems. If having a huge system, then maybe more.