Use Velux Binding in OH 1.x

Thanks sihui. I changed the pw, but still no luck.
I think the binding is not getting loaded, as otherwise I would expect at least an error message in the log.

There is a post here somewhere from the developer, maybe you can ping him

Will do. thx for the effort.

Did you check? It either is started or it isn’t. There is no middle ground.

Hi,

No it doesn’t start. (Nothing can be found in the log).

Hello,

please try putting the .jar file into /usr/share/openhab/addons and watch the log files.

Best regard, Guenther

Or try grap another (new) copy. If something is wrong with the .jar file, you´ll not be noticed.
I have had this issue a coupple of time. And it seems to have something to do with the way you download the .jar file. If it´s corrupted, openhab wont read it, and you´ll not be notified in the log either.

Hi Guenther,

I’m using a windows machine. So I did put it in the addons folder in openhab. But to no avail. Nothing showing up in the log.

Thanks, I tried downloading it with different browsers, but no luck…

When I download a jar file using chrome browser, it promts me and tell me it´s not safe and ask if I wish to keep it. This is a good indication that the download went well.

If you´re sure about the download, try entering Karaf console and look for the binding. It should show you the velux binding and tell if it has been activated. (I dont know if it´s different in a windows setup).

Last suggestion…
stop openhab, clear cache and tmp. Restart openhab.

@viper1705,

have you already tried to enter the direct link to the jar-file?
This should lead to a file with a size of 493 KB.

Tried that direct link, but it’s the same result.
I used the osgi console to check all the bindings and it seems the binding is installed but not active.

I then tried to start the binding through the console, but then I got following error messages

this is the actual error message:

Okay, at least you got an respons/error now. It´s out of my knowledge though… You´ll need @gs4711 to deal with that I guess :slight_smile:

This is strange as it has been fixed with PR#5833. Do you use the official distribution (which waits for the inclusion of this PR) or the above mentioned jar-file?

Hi Guenther,

The above mentioned jar-file.

Hello @viper1705,

just extracted the mentioned addon-library into a separate repository. Pls. try to place this jar file into the addon directory as well. Perhaps this fixes the missing include…

Hi Guenther,

Ah, we are getting there. Now the binding starts. I restarted openhab to see the serials of the remotes that were added to the KLF200.
I see some entries in the log, which indicate that the binding started correctly. However, I can’t see any serials. But I do see what looks like an error message.

Good to hear from you - but the strange thing is that the OH1 does not recognize the library included within the jar you had already installed.

Do you see any log information about Starting velux bridge connection as described in documentation?

BTW there seems to be no items defined … therefore the binding stops its refresh cycle. To get rid of this message just place a Velux device into the items file, i.e. querying the bridge status like

String  V_STATUS    "Status [%s]"                   { velux="thing=bridge;channel=status" }

Hi Guenther,

After adding the item in openhab, I do see it in the log, but it still is showing an error it seems:

Pls. increase the level of debugging to trace.