I am trying to migrate to a Docker setup (Ubuntu 20.04) , but ran into some issue which I cannot grasp.
The following is happening:
- Directories are created with the correct user/group.
- Openhab starts, I am able to install addons, select a UI, can use homebuilder, save habpanel config.
- The addons and userdata directories remain empty, no addons, no logs.
- When I start a shell inside the container, I can view log messages via openhab-cli, but I
have no idea where the log is stored.
- When creating a file from the container shell into /opt/openhab/userdata the file is visible outside the
container in /openhab/userdata, so mapping is correct.
1: Any idea why this is happening ?
2: Is it possible that the openhab-cli displays log messages, while they are not on disk ?
3: When using the docker image should the addon after installation always appear in the addons directory ?
4: Any other directons for trouble shooting ?
Just found the reason, which I just overlooked, openheb uses /openhab and not /opt/openhab inside the container.
Thanks in advance,
Below the script I use to setup the directories and create a Docker container.
sudo useradd -r -u 9001 -s /sbin/nologin openhab
sudo groupadd -g 9001 openhab
sudo usermod -a -G openhab ikke
mkdir -p /openhab/addons
mkdir -p /openhab/conf
mkdir -p /openhab/userdata
sudo chown -R openhab:openhab /openhab