Username and password in my.openhab

When i go in my webrowser and type in:
https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=demo
it just times out with error 504.

I have set a username like this user=pwd in the user.cfg, and security:option=EXTERNAL in openhab.cfg However i can login into https://my.openhab.org/ and see all my events and items. What am I missing to get it to work on my android phone/browser?

[quote=“skatun, post:1, topic:3859, full:true”]
https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=demo[/quote]

For access to that link you have to use your my.openhab username and password, not from the users.cfg.

I thought I should use my my.openhab username(xxxxx@gmail.com) , but its still just times out with errror code 504. When should you add users to the users.cfg file?

Myopenhab works:

My sitemaps fails:

[quote=“skatun, post:3, topic:3859, full:true”]
When should you add users to the users.cfg file?[/quote]

According to the docs when you need access from external (not from my.openhab as I understand).

In my case my.openhab works fine and I don’t have any passwords/users in users.cfg.

I removed the users in users.cfg, but still the same issue…

Okay, let’s start from scratch:

You need:
UUID and secret from your openhab server, then put it in my.openhab.org

openhab.cfg:

security:option=EXTERNAL
security:netmask=192.168.x.0/24 # (x=your ip-range)

users.cfg: leave it empty

Point your browser to
https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=demo

Make sure you have a sitemap called demo.sitemap and put in your username and password from my.openhab.org.

1 Like

Thanks, I have UIUID and secret working correctly otherwise i would not have been able to log into my.openhab, users.cfg is left completly empty(the file is still there though…)

My cfg file looks like this:

security:option=EXTERNAL

# the Netmask to define a range of internal IP-Addresses which doesn't require
# authorization (optional, defaults to '192.168.1.0/24')
security:netmask=192.168.1.0/24

the rpi is running on 192.168.1.156 static IP, do I need to open up some ports in my router?

[quote=“skatun, post:7, topic:3859, full:true”]
the rpi is running on 192.168.1.156 static IP, do I need to open up some ports in my router?[/quote]

No, definitely not. That is one of the big advantages of my.openhab, you don’t need open ports on your router.

Sorry, I have no idea what is wrong with your setup or network config …

[quote=“skatun, post:7, topic:3859, full:true”]
Thanks, I have UIUID and secret working correctly otherwise i would not have been able to log into my.openhab, [/quote]

I don’t think so: I’m pretty sure that UUID and secret are only used when you access your local instance through my.openhab.
In case you log into http://my.openhab.org only your username and password are used, not your UUID and secret.
So you should double check if your UUID and secret are correct.

Yeah thought so,
Thats why I am tumbling in the dark here, and why I can’t figure out where the problem is. Maybe I will try creating a new my.openhab profile, just to test out that possibility as well.

[quote=“skatun, post:10, topic:3859, full:true”]
Maybe I will try creating a new my.openhab profile, just to test out that possibility as well.[/quote]

No, you don’t have to. Just delete UUID and secret and restart openhab, they will be created automatically. Then login to my.openhab and put UUID and secret into your profile, that’s it.

Good luck

The UIUd and secret does correspond to the files on the rpi, However i can try to reboot and recreate them if you think thats the issue.

[quote=“skatun, post:12, topic:3859, full:true”]
The UIUd and secret does correspond to the files on the rpi, However i can try to reboot and recreate them if you think thats the issue.[/quote]

No, doesn’t make sense if they correspond …

Ok, tomorrow or so, i will try to install openhab on another rpi and see if i can get it running on that one as a part of more debugging.

Cheers

The first question here is if my.openHAB shows your openHAB’s status as online?

Yes it does:

A quick update on the myopenhab issue, I got a second rpi the other week, created a second account. On this one it works smooth, same files so I guess the issue is in some rpi settings not allowing remote access somehow.

So what i will do is to make a copy of the image on the second rpi when i get the time to do it…

Cheers Kim

I have the exact same problem here on my Raspberry Pi 2.

If i want to acess my local Webinterface : LocalIP:8080 the login window pops up.

So i put in my user and password which i’ve created in the my.openhab site.

If i login on myopenhab the status on the right upper corner says “Online”.

Any other suggestions on how i can fix this?

Hi!
Any update on this topic?

I have identical error - fighting with it second day and I cannot find the reason.

Summing up:

Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:

Sitemap 'blah' could not be found

But when I want to open existing sitemap =demo then it works, works without end until timeout. Sometimes before timeout throws out partially produced HTML of the webpage.
Any idea?

Update:
I started to tail logs/[DATE].request.log and HTTP request is there:
GET /openhab.app?sitemap=demo
GET /WebApp/Design/Render.css
GET /jquery.miniColors.js?
GET /WebApp/Action/Logic.js?
GET /jquery,min.js

here it blocs and browser is working without result

–
same Android application: some requests coming to logfile but response HTTP ERROR: OK