Using ChatGPT to convert DSL rules to JS rule-builder rules

Hi all.

I just wanted to let you know that I have been surprisingly successful in translating even rather complex rules written in the rule DSL to JS builder syntax using ChatGPT. It’s really quite easy to use if you know how to do it. If you are interested, please check out this log:
https://chat.openai.com/share/974295d9-8c02-4d1f-8087-a77de01e88e1

Let me know in case you have any questions or suggestions.

2 Likes

Nice to see. @rlkoshak, might be interesting to you too - remembering our short discussion a few months ago on the problems levering ChatGPT for openHAB rules :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve never tried having it translate from one language to another which is a somewhat different problem from what I’ve done and seen others try so far. I can definitely see how it works be more successful in that use case then the usual “create a role that does x” use case.

Today I also used ChatGPT to convert a spreadsheet I had with KNX group addresses to corresponding switch and dimmer Thing definitions. This also worked quite nicely after a bit of careful prompting:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.