Vallox MV binding CO2 reading

Hi,

I’m using the Vallox MV binding, and it works great! My unit is equipped with a built in CO2 sensor and on MyVallox Cloud I can see its values. The binding doesn’t seem to contain it though. @bjoernbrings Would it be possible to add CO2 as a new channel?

Hey Mikael,

it has been some time since I looked the last time in the code. But I put all the items that are possible to export into some dev readme and it seems there is a variable A_CYC_CO2_VALUE (which is 0 for my unit, not having that senor). So it should be possible to have that value comparable to A_CYC_RH_VALUE which gives the humidity.

Do you use the CO2 controlling? (I see some variables A_CYC_CO2_THRESHOLD, A_CYC_AWAY_CO2_CTRL_ENABLED, A_CYC_HOME_CO2_CTRL_ENABLED, A_CYC_BOOST_CO2_CTRL_ENABLED)

That indeed looks very promising. And yes, the machine is set to increase speed if CO2 (or humidity) reaches a certain level.

I added in a first stage the CO2 measurment.

Do you want to test?

Current state of Source code is here.

Yes, I will definitely test during the weekend. Thank you very much!

Tested. Works perfectly! Thank you very much again.

Thanks for testing.
Added a PR to get that feature into the distribution.

Hi,

I just updated to 3.1.0.M3 and noticed that Co2 readings are strange. Seemed to be equal to humidity. So I took a look at the current code and in noticed that on lines 508-509 in ValloxMVWebSocket.java is says:

updateChannel(ValloxMVBindingConstants.CHANNEL_CO2,
                        new QuantityType<>(iHumidity, Units.PARTS_PER_MILLION));

It should probably be

updateChannel(ValloxMVBindingConstants.CHANNEL_CO2,
                        new QuantityType<>(iCo2, Units.PARTS_PER_MILLION));

Mikael