Velux binding not working after migration to Rpi4

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f617e180d08> #<Tag:0x00007f617e18d9e0> #<Tag:0x00007f617e18d350>

Hi All,

I have migrated my openhab from Rpi3 with raspbian to Rpi4 with openhabian, I transfered configuration by backup and restore and now I’m experiencing issue with Velux binding.

Seems like binding doesn’t see velux.cfg file ( with tracing it dumps VeluxDiscoveryService(without Bridge) just initialized.)
I checked file permissions and velux.cfg in services directory is having correct rigths,.
I tried also reinstall binding, but issue is still there.

I checked my old openhab instance and it still works.

Any idea what to be checked ?

Thanks, Vaclav


  • Platform information:

    • Hardware: RaspberyPi 4/2GB
    • OS: Openhabian downloaded 5 days ago
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_252”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_252-b225)
      OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.252-b225, mixed mode, Evaluation)
    • openHAB version:openHAB 2.5.5 Release Build
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

################################ Velux Binding ######################################

The hostname or IP address of the Velux Bridge

bridgeIPAddress=192.168.1.97

Underlying communication protocol (http/https/slip) (optional, defaults to slip)

bridgeProtocol=slip

TCP port of the Velux gateway (optional, defaults to 51200)

bridgeTCPPort=51200
#bridgeTCPPort=80

Password for authentication against the Velux Bridge (optional, defaults to velux123)

#bridgePassword=velux123
bridgePassword=xxxxxxxx

Initial Connection timeout in milliseconds (optional, defaults to 1000)

#timeoutMsecs=1000

Number of retries with timing along the Binary Exponential Backoff (BEB) Algorithm (optional, defaults to 5)

#retries=5

Data refresh interval for any bridge parameters in milliseconds (optional, defaults to 15000)

#refreshSecs=15000

isProtocolTraceEnabled=yes

this is unrelated to openHAB =>ian<= so please change your title.

Are you sure ?

If same configuration doesn’t works on Openhabian is not related ?

Difference between old and new instalation is exactly this “small” detail.

Vaclav

Just after some tweaking I most probably found issue, it will be related to bundle instalation:

On my old Rpi3 in Addon management I see only binding-velux v. 1.14.0 and
and cli bundle list confirms it
283 â Active â 80 â 1.14.0 â openHAB Velux Binding

on openhabian in Addon management I see velux binding twice
version 1.14.0 and version 2.2.5 (and bundle list shows 2.2.5 really installed)

292 â Active â 80 â 2.5.6 â openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Velux Binding

now fun starts :slight_smile:
when I click on Uninstall option on version 2.2.5, uninstalation progress (rotating circle) is displayed on version 1.14.

On both instances is addon management in Configuration > System configured:
Access Remote repository Yes
Include Legacy 1.x bindings No

Vaclav

Mine is working, but I had several issues after replacing existing openhab with new one, changing DHCP server etc.
At the end, removing all velux bindings, shutdown openhab, openhab-cli clean-cache, start then stop openhab (I do that always after clean-cache), Power Off and On the actual device (KLM200), then start openhab, install binding velux. That “procedure” works for nearly all my binding problems.

You did not differentiate. openHABian is the OS not the software the config belongs to (= openHAB).

Hi All,

It taken just few hours to identify Issue, but just summary :slight_smile:

Root cause of my issue is new version of Velux binding working as 2x binding (which is configured in PaperUI ) instead of 1.x (text file based configuration).

This means, that my migrated config file working on old instalation was having value only in bytes consumed on SD card, functional impact zero. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I manualy rebuilt configuration in Paper UI and now my Rollershutters are controllable again (at least scenes and actuators are fine, I can’t find configuration items like IP Address/Mask etc. )

From my understanding, I experienced 2 issues:

  1. missing documentation of new documentation Velux binding. This I will try to support.
  2. OpenHAB configuration distributed with Openhabian is able to see more packages, than manual instalation and configuration option to support 1.x bindings seems to be not working ( I enabled it, restarted openhab, but still manual instalation of 1.x was not possible and 2.x binding was forced). In Openhabian config I’m connected to Stable version.

Regards, Vaclav