VELUX binding + roller shutter question

I have KLF200 installed and bridge online runnuing
Now I want add a rollershutter :

Question is which serial number is requested ?
Is it s/n of remote controller or roller shutter and where I can find it ?
In the Velux KLF200 web software isn’t any serial number

Thanks
Alex

I don’t use that binding but the docs seem to be clear about that:

Somfy devices do not provide a valid serial number to the Velux KLF200 Bridge. For such devices you have to enter the special all-zero serial number

thanks, I read few times but no information about serial number and Velux
I don’t have a somfy

By far the easiest method:
Go to your “Things” page and on the bottom of the screen there is an “Inbox”. Click it and OpenHab will show you Things that are available but not yet added to Openhab. You can sort them by binding to find the Velux discovered Things.

From here you can click the discovered Thing and add it (and it will show you the serial number as well).

In case there are no Velux items in there yet, once more go to your Things page and click the blue circle with the plus sign. Click the Velux binding and at the top of your screen you will have a blue “Scan” button. Click that button to discover your Velux devices and add them from there.

thanks.
I started scan again :

but no new discovered devices :

question is, if this setup is ok :

Usually you don’t have to change anything in the Bridge thing, except for… the password.

Standard password filled by openHab is “velux123”. There is another password on the backside of the bridge (beneath the SSID). Use that one for the bridge.

After that retry the inbox and the scan. The scan will reveal the serial numbers as well.

oh, so correct password is what is on the backside of KLF200 (for wifi connection) or velux123 (for web aplication) ?

The one for wifi connection. So not velux123.

I added and error :

ping of IP is working

so password is wrong ?

maybe velux123 is correct one ?

edit: also velux123 don’t work. Must be Wi-fi and LAN switched on in the application ? I switched Wi-Fi off and only LAN is ON.

so after few resets and restarts is now online and also rollershutters was detected
strange
strange

one additional question :

is it possible somehow define that roller shutter will go only on position 50 ?

Hi Alex,

as far as I know not directly from the standard UI. The standard UI is as shown in your screenshot. In other UI’s (like HABPanel) you can use a slider item from 0-100. In rules you can give a command like itemName.sendCommand(50). Other UI’s most likely also support a slider type of control (I never had the urge to start with other UI’s).

Just play around a bit.

thanks, I already found a way :slight_smile:
Now I will play with it.