[velux] New OpenHAB2 binding - feedback welcome!

Thank you even more for your hard work Guenther… Without, we would have nothing to complaint about :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @gs4711,

sorry for my late reply. With the actual version of the jar, everything works like a charme!

Thank you very much!

best regrads

johannes

1 Like

I just installed the plugin. Everything works fine, except one thing:

My rollershutter is not showing the correct %. When I set the rollershutter to 100%, he is going down. Short after the percent is corrected to 99%. The same accounts for other numbers: 40%->39%, 20% -> 19%.
The rollershuter is a velux rollershutter:
Product “Rollladen” / ROLLER_SHUTTER (bridgeIndex=0,serial=::::..::**,position=C7D0) .

best regards

florian

Hi Florian,

thanks for this information. In fact, you have already provided the explanation within your description:

Using a down command, a target position of 100% (0xc800 as Velux position) is send to the rollershutter. But, the shutter itself stops at an appropriate position - in your case at 0xC7D0 which is a position of 0,999 on a scale from 0 to 1.

The same behaviour should be noticable on Velux remote controls with feedback (i.e. KLR100 or KLR 200): There, the incorrect position will be displayed as well.

Personally I had to recalibrate one shutter in such a case by doing a factory reset with afterwards a relearning of the remote controls.

Regards, Guenther

Hi Günther, did you already receive a response from the velux engineer?

@gs4711

I just installed a new update of the IHC binding, which required me to install Apache http client as well. After that, I start getting warning from the Velux binding.

2019-08-13 19:06:34.051 [WARN ] [.velux.bridge.slip.SCgetDeviceStatus] - Gateway response GW_SESSION_FINISHED_NTF (772) cannot be handled at this point of interaction.
2019-08-13 19:06:34.054 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - handleCommandOnChannel(): updating of item V_STATUS (type BRIDGE_STATUS) failed.

Is this related to the IHC binding?

EDIT - It does seem to operate fine anyway. And the warning seems to be gone as well…
Strange!

Hello,

the installation should not interfere with the IHC binding. But the bindings are sharing the httpclient library. Please let me know whether this will occur again.

Regards, Guenther

The warning stopped after a few minutes, and the windows operates fine from my rule. So I guess something just had to settle. But I´ll keep an eye on it, specially next time I reboot.
Which library did Velux binding use, before I installed the Apache http client?

Hello,
i am not a programmer but just a man of 69 years and trying to get openhab working for me, with the prev ios binding all worked for me, but i installed the new binding and have some problems.
i am running the *org.openhab.binding.velux-1.14.0.201907200449.jar
but i am getting problems with actuators like below i also uploaded some msg

handleCommandOnChannel(): cannot work on unknown actuator: 53:2A:5D:5A:12:10:3A.

Does anyone know this and how to solve ?
pls read the logfile for more messages and startup of the binding.

actuator-log.log (9.4 KB)

Helllo John, @Johnny-b,
most parts of the logfile looks fine to me. Let’s summarize:

• you have defined 16 scenes on the KLF, which are well recognized,
  • you have registered four rollershutters on the KLF which are recognized (with one exception):
    ** there is one non-Velux shutter (“Keuken”)? It reports a strange serial-number (00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00),
  • the bridge is in fully operational mode and in good contact with the binding (status GW_S_GWM/GW_SS_IDLE).
    But there is an issue with the relationship of the devices and the appropriate things. Could you please share one of the definition lines for the four different shutters (assuming that you have them manually entered into an items file)?

Regards, Guenther

Hallo @Johnny-b again,
rereading parts of your 1st sentence:

I’m doubting whether I’ve got it right: Did the unchanged setup have worked before?

Hi Guenther,

no your right, i ment to say that it worked with the previos version and i installed the new binding but also started to create more scenes on the klf200 and tried to get them in the in the things, items and sitemap.

And then the messages came about unknown actuators.

And in the posts i saw a message from Kim Anderson who had the same msg but i could not find the solution there.

Regards Johnny

Hi John,
is it possible for you to increase the log level of the binding?
Thx in advance, Guenther

Hi Guenther,
i found the problem, it was my fault !
In the items file there where the last two digits missing in the serialnumber and that is the reason why the actuators where not found.
But thanks for the help anyway !

Hi John, thanks for your feedback.

Hello there! I’m using this binding to talk to my io-homecontrol (somfy) shutters via a KLF200, but the setup seems to be … flaky.

It sometimes works when everything is just fine (mostly after powercycling the KLF200 and then restating openhab), but it often gets stuck in some state where no commands are correctly transmitted.

The one consistent symptom that happens is log lines like this appearing in my log:

2019-08-19 12:41:48.881 [WARN ] [nding.velux.bridge.slip.SCgetProduct] - Gateway response GW_GET_ALL_NODES_INFORMATION_NTF (516) cannot be handled at this point of interaction.

I’ll try to provide more useful reproduction information when I can get it and will also try to find the “beginning” of the error state (which I’ve not yet isolated), but are there any suggestion in the meantime that might help with finding the root cause?

It looks like the problems starts when the KLF200 indicates an ended session during a command:

019-08-20 09:49:34.661 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = 52cc370d-1471-4d28-ae93-fd6d4c57a0cd, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2019-08-20 09:49:36.259 [INFO ] [ab.binding.velux.bridge.slip.SClogin] - velux bridge connection successfully established (login succeeded).
2019-08-20 09:49:38.306 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - Found velux scenes:
2019-08-20 09:49:39.554 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - Found velux actuators:
        Product "Schlafzimmer" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=1,serial=Schlafzimmer,position=C800)
        Product "Kinderzimmer Nord" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=6,serial=Kinderzimmer Nord,position=C800)
        Product "Bad" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=5,serial=Bad,position=C800)
        Product "Buero" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=8,serial=Buero,position=C800)
        Product "Wohnzimmer Fix Sued" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=2,serial=Wohnzimmer Fix Sued,position=00EB)
        Product "Wohnzimmer Schiebetür" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=4,serial=Wohnzimmer Schiebetür,position=0000)
        Product "Kinderzimmer West" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=7,serial=Kinderzimmer West,position=C800)
        Product "Wohnzimmer Fix West" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=0,serial=Wohnzimmer Fix West,position=00EB)
        Product "Kueche" / UNDEFTYPE (bridgeIndex=3,serial=Kueche,position=0000)        .
2019-08-20 09:49:40.563 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - velux Bridge is online with 0 scenes and 9 actuators, now.
2019-08-20 09:50:04.283 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - Result: check ok. All scenes are used within Items.
2019-08-20 09:52:41.823 [INFO ] [ding.velux.bridge.slip.SCsendCommand] - setResponse(): returned ntfRunStatus: EXECUTION_FAILED.
2019-08-20 09:52:42.832 [WARN ] [ding.velux.bridge.slip.SCgetProducts] - Gateway response GW_SESSION_FINISHED_NTF (772) cannot be handled at this point of interaction.
2019-08-20 09:52:48.805 [WARN ] [.velux.bridge.slip.SCgetDeviceStatus] - Gateway response GW_ACTIVATION_LOG_UPDATED_NTF (1286) cannot be handled at this point of interaction.
2019-08-20 09:52:48.810 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - handleCommandOnChannel(): updating of item V_STATUS (type BRIDGE_STATUS) failed.
2019-08-20 09:53:04.819 [WARN ] [.velux.bridge.slip.SCgetDeviceStatus] - Gateway response GW_GET_ALL_NODES_INFORMATION_CFM (515) cannot be handled at this point of interaction.
2019-08-20 09:53:04.823 [INFO ] [.velux.handler.VeluxBridgeHandlerOH1] - handleCommandOnChannel(): updating of item V_STATUS (type BRIDGE_STATUS) failed.

Log messages like that seem to preface every time the controls end up not working. For example, this one happened shortly after restarting OpenHAB (and the velux binding correctly reporting the shutters from the KLF including their position, indicating that the KLF200 can indeed communicate with the shutters).

Just for the record I found out that at least one of the reasons why controlling the shutters doesn’t work is that they are “priority locked” (presumably by my handheld remote controls, because I’m not aware by any other systems controlling them).

Since this binding sends its commands at the priority level 5 (comfort / automation) the blinds refuse to override the presumably “more important” user setting.

While that is a good default level, it would be ideal if direct user-interacted settings (via the app or web app) were sent as user input (and thus override the priority lock). I don’t know if there is a way to distinguish “user initiated” and “automated” events in OpenHab though …

Also as a side note, it would be nice if the binding printed the details of the refusal at the INFO level, I had to switch to debug to find the “ntfStatusReply=6” value that indicates priority lock

Hello,

I got this velux binding running on a cubieboard3 by copying the jar file into the add-on directory. Good so far. My intention is to use the openhab installation as connection to my loxone air system to include my two velux roller shutters into the automatic control of loxone.
So now, I got it running by sending the commands to the openhab server. Nevertheless I have some questions about the openhab binding. Maybe I did not dig enough - but I could not find a description of commands available commands that can be used. For example, how can I ask the binding for the shutter position or how can I rename the items. Furthermore, the naming created by automatic recognition are not stored within the /etc/openhab2 directory but some elsewhere, but where?
Can somebody me give some answers?
Johann

Hello Johann @woec,

the binding is able to control any io-homecontrol device by setting the target position, in your case by setting the device item value to a number between 0 and 100 for opening and closing the Velux shutters. The discovery process will add items to the OH framework. In parallel any discovered Velux device will be mentioned in the log.
In the same way as you have defined the Loxone items, you can define and use the Velux items.

Regards, Guenther