[velux] New OpenHAB2 binding - feedback welcome!

@hmerk I saw that you “liked” my post, but for the avoidance of doubt, can you please confirm that “liked” == “tested” == “working ok” for you? :slight_smile:

Sorry @AndrewFG, it was just a „like the progress you are making“
Still did not find time to test, but we have bank holiday on Monday, so will try to find som time then.
Promised !

Hi @AndrewFG I just updated my openHAB to 3.3.M6 and took the chance to throw in the latest binding version with new API. So far, the first tests had been successfull, I can open, stop and close my windows and shutters.

Thanks for your great work !!!

1 Like

@hmerk just to check: the reason for me introducing the new api call was because @GeVaSta asked for support to be added for the vane tilt on his shutters. So I am wondering if you also have shutters, and if so did you test the new vane tilt functionality? Or were you just testing that nothing was broken with “normal” velux products (without vane tilt)?

Just having Integra windows with rollershutters, no vane positioning.

1 Like

@GeVaSta just wondering if you got back yet? The OH team is planning to release OH3.3 final in about 10 days, so it would be nice if we could get this one in that release :slight_smile:

I’m back from wonderful vacation in the Alpes of Switzerland, Andrew.

But I think, we’re waiting on a feedback from Gert (@GeVaSta) :smile:

Oops. The auto-fill put in your name rather than Gert’s (starts with G). But delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holiday :wink:

Hi Andrew,

I am on my way home. Currently in Albania and heading to the Netherlands.
I think I will be back within two weeks. As soon as I am back I will test the latest release and let you know my findings.

Regards, Geert

1 Like

Ok. Many thanks. And enjoy your drive.

Hello Günter
unfortunately I have the same problem. „Eingeschränkt durch Stromfluss“. I would therefore be very interested to know what caused this? thanks

Hello Michel,

it was pretty simple: a damage of the internal battery. If you contact an official Velux vendor, you’ll get an offer for a complete replacement. But there are other ways for a DIY repair. In my case the replacement on the roof had been finished within one hour (after waiting three days on delivery of the replacement parts).

Hi Guys, I am back home and started testing the latest API on my Venetian blinds.

I looks promising but…
Vane position works ok as far as I can see now.
The stop button on the position item does not work. When you push down or up, it continues to go down or up till the end. Stopping by remote control is stillpossible. Button in the item-interface does not do anything.

I attached the trace-log. What I did:
11:58 push DOWN on position item. Pushing STOP afterwards did nothing; blind continues going down till max down.
12:00:45 pushed UP. STOP again not working. Stopped by manual remote control. Position updated to 72%. This was the actual position; ok.
12:07:40 set Vane to 40; worked OK.
12:08:25 set Vane to 70; OK
12:09:15 pushed position UP. Stop still not working. Manual Remote stopped at 7% (almost up).

trace2706-1a.txt (847.0 KB)
trace2706-1b.txt (858.4 KB)
trace2706-1c.txt (320.1 KB)

Yay! Many thanks.

Hmm. @hmerk had already discovered that, and I had already fixed it; so it could be that you are still using the the JAR prior to that fix. I will check your logs to see if there were any other errors, and if so I will fix those too. And then I will make a new build based on the last version of the code, and very soon I will post a link with the latest JAR.

Andrew,
If you would like me to test again with the latest JAR, no problem for me.
Only please point me (preferrable a link) to the right JAR. It is apparently quite difficult to me to find the latest.

Andrew, I checked my JAR file I used, and the one I used was from 15-5-2022. I think this was released after you mentioned you had fixed the STOP command.

I made some changes, and the new org.openhab.binding.velux-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.zip is here…

Note: it is now a v3.4 snapshot so make sure you delete any v3.3 JAR

1 Like

Here are the results from org.openhab.binding.velux-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:

19:14 Pushed DOWN on Position Item: went DOWN. The STOP; stopped OK
19:14:40 Set Vane to 60; OK
19:15:15 Pushed UP; went UP. Then STOP; OK
19:16:00 Pushed DOWN on Position Item: Let go all the way down.
Then, however the Vanes keep closed but the Vane item did not get updated but stayed at 60.
On my other interface (Somfy Connexoon) the Vaneposition got updated there
to 100 correctly.
19:18:30 repushed the Vane Item on 60%; Vane set correctly again at 60.

I noticed the tracelogs got much smaller now.

trace270622-2.txt (12.2 KB)

That’s because you are looking at the event log rather than the oh log :slight_smile:

Can you confirm that if you lift the shade, and then lower it again, the vane position always reverts to 100? If that is so, then I could “hard code” such a reversion…

@GeVaSta from your (events) log I can see that the binding is ‘fighting with itself’ concerning the vane position (see log example below). This probably means that there are two parallel polling methods that are reading different values from the shade. But in order for me to figure out what is going on, I will need to see BOTH the events log and the openhab log. To simplify my debugging can you please let the logs run for some time after you send the last command?

2022-06-27 19:16:22.279 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Hobbykamer_VanePosition' changed from 60 to 100
2022-06-27 19:16:41.847 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Hobbykamer_VanePosition' changed from 100 to 60
2022-06-27 19:17:22.658 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Hobbykamer_VanePosition' changed from 60 to 100
2022-06-27 19:18:04.462 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Hobbykamer_VanePosition' changed from 100 to 60
2022-06-27 19:18:22.668 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Hobbykamer_VanePosition' changed from 60 to 100