Version: 3.1.0.M3 - stops working after a couple of hours

I recently upgraded to OH 3.

I have the following bindings:

• avmfritz
  • harmonyhub
  • sonos
  • tradfri

After a couple of hours of running without issues, OH does no longer react when I turn on or off things, or rules are no longer triggered.

I need to restart OH, then it works again for a couple of hours, and so on.

Same error in M2, and in 3.0. How can I look for the source of the error? In the log, the followin occurs when OH is no longer reacting on switches etc.:

2021-04-12 20:05:02.170 [WARN ] [apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils] - No resource methods have been found for resource class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
2021-04-12 20:05:02.331 [WARN ] [apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils] - No resource methods have been found for resource class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
2021-04-12 21:15:03.285 [WARN ] [apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils] - No resource methods have been found for resource class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
2021-04-12 21:15:03.340 [WARN ] [apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils] - No resource methods have been found for resource class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
2021-04-12 21:16:03.507 [WARN ] [pache.cxf.jaxrs.sse.SseEventSinkImpl] - There are still SSE events the queue which may not be delivered (closing now)

In addition, right after re-starting OH, I get these messages:

2021-04-12 06:04:53.745 [WARN ] [ache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] - Interceptor for {http://192.168.178.30:80/description.xml}WebClient has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
	at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:67) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.doRunInterceptorChain(AbstractClient.java:705) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doChainedInvocation(WebClient.java:1081) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:927) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:896) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:461) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.SyncInvokerImpl.method(SyncInvokerImpl.java:135) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.SyncInvokerImpl.method(SyncInvokerImpl.java:130) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.SyncInvokerImpl.get(SyncInvokerImpl.java:50) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.spec.InvocationBuilderImpl.get(InvocationBuilderImpl.java:88) [bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.openhab.io.hueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer.performAddressTest(UpnpServer.java:252) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniApply.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:642) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(CompletableFuture.java:478) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: ConnectException invoking http://192.168.178.30:80/description.xml: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (Connection refused)
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.mapException(HTTPConduit.java:1402) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1386) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.io.AbstractWrappedOutputStream.close(AbstractWrappedOutputStream.java:77) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:56) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:673) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:63) ~[bundleFile:1.0.9]
	... 14 more

I now have updated Linux to Ubuntu 20 and switched to Java 11.0.10 (Zulu11.45+27-CA), but the problem still ist there.

I have a Hue Emulation running, maybe this is the problem?

Where could I look/search for further hints to the cause of this issue?

It all worked fine in OH 2.5 - only after the migration this problem occured.

from what version?

Not sure. I think it was OpenJDK 11.

I switched to Zulu because this is the one suggested to be used for Openhab.

I had a similar problem resulting in a Java heap space error with oh 3.1 M3. I tried a lot of thing, deactivating bindings, things, rules, without any effect. After a backup of my oh config I have Setting up my system from scratch and rollback the backup. The error is gone and the system is very stable since one week.

Thanks, johannesbonn - will try this out and let the community know of my results!

1 Like

Ok, I completele uninstalled OH3, and re-installed everything. Now I have installed Version: 3.1.0.

My configuration is running again, through a backup of the OH settings.

But: I still see the warnings:

2021-04-18 11:55:33.190 [WARN ] [ache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] - Interceptor for {http://192.168.178.30:80/description.xml}WebClient has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.

In the OH log.

I will need to wait for a couple of hours and see whether OH is again no longer reacting to commands (mostly through the HUE emulation).

And the message

2021-04-18 11:58:00.726 [WARN ] [apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils] - No resource methods have been found for resource class javax.ws.rs.core.Response

is there again - let’s see what happens in a couple of hours.

Did you start with a fresh installed system? I would recommend this. I think the reason is in most cases not oh for itself.

Ok, the reason was something else then the log entries. When I power on my second Fritzbox, the AVM Fritzbox Connection brakes.

The problem is documented here:

I simply disabled my second Fritzbox, as I do not need it in Openhab. Now, everything runs fine.

Thanks anyway for all the support!