after trying and not finding what I needed for my purpose I decided to create my own family calendar. As a normal family calendar with vertical design would do, it summarizes four people and a family group (in my case, but the code is obviously editable) and it displays the next 3 days.
It uses the iCalendar Binding and is meant for a wall-mounted tablet to show always the next events of the family.
At the moment, there are some minor fixes needed, therefore it is still beta. But it is already useable and should be ok for now.
At the moment, 4 people + a family calendar are used. In the props, they can all be defined.
The calendar items have to be created using the iCalendar binding and setting up the eventfilter things for the next days.
How to create the appropriate items:
It is important to maintain the nomenclature in order to make it working and it is useful to create the thing as eventfilter for every day (10 events max for every day).
- Create your iCalendar thing subscribing to your calendar (e.g.; “Matthias”)
- Create a thing “eventfilter” with maximum 10 matches for every single day
- The item nomenclature for Calendar “Matthias” should be :(Title of the appointment of result 0 of today is
for tomorrow, the things are called
“Calendar_Matthias_Events_Tomorrow_Result_0_Title”… and so on
The day after they are called
“Calendar_Matthias_Events_Plus2_Result_0_Title”, and so on.
There are some things and to do’s, and surely it is very demanding since there are many items needed. It does sometimes slow down some browser, but it works for me.
- I would like to add weather info under the Dates in the left column
- The first column, first row has not the same height as the other ones and I still can’t figure out why (i.e, in the screenshot, the “Matthias” box in the left upper corner should be high as “Gabriel”, “Familie” and the others
I hope you can use the widget and enjoy it.
- initial release
The code is too long to post in this topic, therefore I included the github repository link.
Feel free to help improving, I would appreciate any help!