Very slow ZWave network

PC Controller backup stated that the operation was not supported. The aforementioned software however did download the NVM content. You think that content cannot be used on the 5+ stick?

I think it would be worth a try.

tl;dr
The main difference with an Aeotec 5+ is that there was a hardware change so that the device would work on a Rpi4 without a usb2 hub (powered or unpowered) in between.

The backup compatibility has more to do with the SDK firmware and library being used (This should appear in the lower right on the PC Controller or in the upper banner on the Backup utility). I believe the original Z-stick SDK was 3.95 (at least mine was). The minimum SDK for the PC Controller backup is 6.x.

The backup tool seems more forgiving. I did use it to backup a Zooz SDK 6.07 network and then write it to my Aeotec 3.95. The Aeotec 5 can be upgraded to allow the use of the PC controller, but that did not work for me, so cannot advise that. Also I noted above I do not think putting the slow β€œ5” network on a β€œ5+” will help speed things up. But at least you have the network back up tool.

Epiloge:

1. I first tried to remove 27 devices in the hope it might trigger a reconfiguration of the stick. That did not help.
  2. Following another google search, I found the page to upgrade the firmware to the level of the 5+ stick. (firmware v1-02). After that update, I was able to mark the two removed switches as failed nodes and then remove them. And after that, it’s working again.

Conclusions: Updating the firmware helped. Now I have to pair 27 devices again.

1 Like

Well you got there Michel, good on you! Good to hear
Mark the thread as solved
We got some crack zwave experts around here

Hi. I had the similar issue today. Thanks for this thread which helped me to solve it.

The issue was related to 2 switches which I disconnected from electricity for a maintenance couple of days ago.

I saw it the log messages like Timeout at state WAIT_RESPONSE. 3 retries remaining., which were against these 2 switches.

I connected them back, and after this everything start working as before.

I think the solution could be like to disable these things or remove them from OH and add to ignore list and wait until zwave rebuild routes.

Thanks!

What helps for me using that Zensys tool is too first let it check for neighbors (for the node you want to remove), it fails doing that (obviously). Afterwards I can mark them as failed. Then I can remove them.