Viessmann API binding for 3.4.x [3.4.0;3.5.0)

Hi,
for my Vitodens 333-f the binding works very well. Is it possible to add the following feature

heating.sensors.temperature.return 

in the next updates?

thanks and best regards

Hi Team,
what is required to update that binding to 4.x.x?
Anything we can do to workaroud the current incompatibility meanwhile?

[Edit] The following answer apolies only to the Smarthome/J Viessmann Binding.

I had the same issue! A simple Remove and (Re-)Install of the binding did solve that one!

Currently there isn’t official support for OpenHAB 4.0.0

There is a branch in github compiled against 4.0.0.M3 and a version for 4.0.0 will be released soon

1 Like

It should already support this, it should appear as “Heating Return Temperature”

Ok, only the “Heating Return Flow” is displayed in my channel list. I have no Channel “Heating Return Temperature”.
The next question, where can I find the compiled 4.0.0.M3 version. I see only 3.4.2 as kar file. Or how can I install this 4.0.0.M3 version.

Which binding are you referring to? This thread is NOT about the Smarthome/J Viessmann binding!
I saw your problem the Smarthone/J version! Hence my answer does NOT apply for Viessmann Binding of this thread! I’m sorry for this mistake.

No, has nothing to do with Smarthome J. Its about Viessmann heating systems binding

@FrankW5300
There is now an OpenHAB 4.0 binding, please see the relevant post

Please note that it’s best to remove the 3.4 binding before upgrading to 4.0 if you haven’t already - see the upgrade notes on that page.
There’s no need to remove existing Items, you can leave them in place.

If you still aren’t seeing the return temperature, then perhaps the API is not reporting it or it’s different somehow. Please send me a responseCapture.json as described elsewhere above.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi,
first, thank you for the great work, the binding works perfect…
One Question: in the authorisation process the binding found my third gateway with the vitocharge. I know the binding is meant for heating products, but is it any way possible to integrate the vitocharge?

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

I suspect that currently it won’t show up on your system because at the moment I only report things of type “heating”.

If you enable the Response Capture Debug advanced setting on the Viessmann bridge, you should be able to send me the installationsResponseCapture.json and responseCapture.json files that are generated.

The location of where these files will appear should now be shown in the Bridge Thing Properties. Once I have the json I can then add support for it.

There is also a longer-term enhancement I’m planning to add general support for unrecognised devices, but it probably won’t be as nice or fully featured as having dedicated device support.

Hi,

i love this binding ! I can now perfectly see all information and historical data of my Vitocall 200S in openhab. But what i cant fint is the Buffer temperature sensor value. Any Idea when this will be added or if something is wrong with my installation ? I think it should be this value from the API Documentation: heating.buffer.sensors.temperature.main.

Funnily enough, the Status of the Sensor is showing up:

EDIT: I looked in the Capute Output and the Value is showing up in the JSON File. But it is not available as a channel in the OpenHAB Thing :frowning:

Thanks !

Raised as an issue to fix (fixes are now going into the 4.0 release). You may want to hold off a little while before upgrading as I am still trying to iron out some issues with it.
https://github.com/rtuck99/openhab-binding/issues/56

I installed the binding last week, created an API token, did the authorization steps and it worked fine for a couple of days. Now it displays „BRIDGE_OFFLINE
Unable to authenticate with Viessmann API: Unable to refresh access token“ at the bridge thing.

The vicare/setup page also show that „OpenHAB is not authorised“. Clicking the „Authorize“ button leads to an empty page.

What can I do? Can this be related to a reboot & restart of OpenHab? It seems to happened around the time of a reboot.

Thanks,
jh (OpenHab newbie)

It sounds as though there may have been problems contacting the Viessmann endpoint to refresh the access token, the access token is relatively short-lived, whereas the refresh token has a lifetime of ~6 months IIRC. I have had this happen once or twice when Viessmann’s servers have been down. The authorise button will send you to a Viessmann login web page, if that doesn’t render it sounds like the problem is at their end. It renders for me, so perhaps they have fixed it.

Still does not work. It seems to report a HTTP 500 error. For some reason my iPad renders that as an empty page.

Any other ideas?

I’m afraid it is difficult to tell without more information. Perhaps if you PM me your openhab.log file there may be some information there.

Looking at that logfile was the hint I needed :smiley:
After clicking the "Authorizex button, an exception was thrown:

2024-01-22 23:15:17.519 [WARN ] [icare.internal.servlet.VicareServlet] - Unable to fetch access token

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

Apparently there was a wrong route configured. OpenHab had no internet connection at all. After fixing that, the authorization worked and now the bridge is only again.

Thanks!

I have a similar problem. I didn’t use my Openhab for about half a year, now the thing doesnt activate.
When clicking the Authorize button the logfile shows:

2024-03-27 10:21:54.331 [WARN ] [ar.vicare.internal.VicareServiceImpl] - Unable to refresh, access server sent 400

In the terminal I can ping various servers in the internet.
I am on 3.4.4.
Any suggestions?

I found the problem: Running on 3.4.5 there was an old binding for 3.3.0 still active. Deinstalling this and the new binding and starting from scratch solved my probem.