Viessmann API binding for 3.4.x [3.4.0;3.5.0)

Hi oppo,

If you enable this setting in your Viessmann Bridge thing advanced settings

Then send me the responseCapture.json file that’s in your userdata/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/###/data folder - where ### is a number, you may have to search for this as there are a lot of these numbered folders.

sent the file to you via private message

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. As far as I can say, it had been populated in the smartJ Plug-in for Viessmann, and it is populated in the heating itself. In the new ViCare solar values for week, year and so are empty.
How can I see if the values are delivered ? And how do I get the json file?

Second questions: I noticed the consume of gas is with unit m^3 … changed item type to number:energy to receive kWh… but still remains to be m^3 . Any ideas if this is related to openhab itself or the plug-in ?

best regards and thanks for helping!

Roland

Viele Grüße
Roland

Hi Roland,

If heating.solar.power.production.xxx appears in the API, you should see it appear as channels named
Solar Power Production - Current/Previous Day/Week/ etc

It’s exposed as arrays like this:

“properties”: {
“day”: {
“type”: “array”,
“value”: [
],
“unit”: “kilowattHour”
},
“week”: {
],
},
“month”: {
],
},
“year”: {
],
},

The first value in each is the “current” day/week whatever, depending on the time and how long you had your system, and whether it generated anything that may or may not be zero.

Then the second value is the previous day/week etc.
I don’t show the others as OpenHAB doesn’t really support array data and you would have too many channels.

If you don’t see them, you can get the API json follow the instructions I gave to oppo, repeated below, it might show if you have cumulativeProduced populated instead, send it to me and I can add support for it.

Hi oppo,

If you enable this setting in your Viessmann Bridge thing advanced settings

Then send me the responseCapture.json file that’s in your userdata/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/###/data folder - where ### is a number, you may have to search for this as there are a lot of these numbered folders.

Hallo,

I found it, I guess.

Can you work with this information?

{
“value”: {
“type”: “number”,
“value”: 14091,
}
},
“commands”: {},
“apiVersion”: 1,
“uri”: “https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/YYY/gateways/XXX/devices/0/features/heating.solar.power.cumulativeProduced”,
“gatewayId”: “XXX”,
“feature”: “heating.solar.power.cumulativeProduced”,
“timestamp”: “2023-06-27T01:32:27.691Z”,
“isEnabled”: true,
“isReady”: true,
“deviceId”: “0”
}

Kind regards
Roland

1 Like

Anybody noticed that Viessmann changed delta for heating.sensors.temperature.outside from 1.0°C to 0.5°C? :+1:

@rtuck99 can you please provide instructions how to upgrade API in OH? I am running OH 3.4.4 with API 3.4.0 and would like to upgrade to 3.4.2. Thanks.

They did that a while ago to reduce the load on their servers apparently.

To upgrade, simply remove the binding from the UI, wait a few seconds for OpenHAB to unload the binding (the thing statuses should go grey), then install the new binding from the UI.

If you previously downloaded it and installed it manually by dumping the .kar into the addons folder then the procedure is the same but done by deleting and copying the file into the addons folder.

Thanks, successfully upgraded. Had to go into console and do bundle:uninstall because the things were still green, though.

Yes, they reduced it from 0.1 to 1.0 but a month or so back they changed it from 1.0 to 0.5 (hopefully due to feedback from users as myself).

Hi, and thanks a lot! Works perfectly now … and idea how gas consumption can be changed from cube meters to kWh? Best regards, Roland

Hi,

You need to look at your gas bill for the “Z number” and calorific value. This indicates the energy content of the gas supplied. You can then use this to calculate the kWh value. (cubic meter * z-number*calorific value)

Regards agio

Hi agio,

Thanks for your fast answer. I admit I thought about it, but the only thing to change is the unit. The gas consumption values are delivered already as kWh …

So any ideas?

Best regards

Roland

I’m not aware of anywhere in the API that shows gas consumption in kWh, AFAIK all figures are given in cubic metres. This would make sense as to do the conversion you need to know the calorific content of the fuel, and I don’t see how the boiler would know this.

Figures are provided for heating power consumption in kWh, in the API, but this is for the electricity usage, which should be minimal for a gas boiler, and only significant if it’s a heat pump.

If you think the API does actually return kWh gas usage, by all means send me a JSON dump file, but looking at the ones I have at the moment I’m not seeing it. At the moment, the channel types are hard coded to indicate cubic metres, but I think you can just override it in the Item config in OpenHAB and the system will just ignore whatever the channel says regarding units.

Hi,

Indeed I entered the calorific number into the boiler itself (menu gas consumption ) … so any energy values transmitted have the unit kWh . Gas, power and solar energy… I tried to override the item configuration by setting the type/semantic to energy but I had no success. Is there another way you ment?

Best regards
Roland

Edit: from responseCapture.json
e.g.

“feature”: “heating.gas.consumption.dhw”,
“gatewayId”: “xxx”,
“isEnabled”: true,
“isReady”: true,
“day”: {
“unit”: “kilowattHour”,
]
},

I didn’t know you could do that! I’ve created a feature request in github.
You should be able to change the display by going itno the item and adding a State Metadata and then changing the format to something like “%.2d kWh” or similar.
AFAIK the channel units are only used as a UI hint.

Hi, ok that did the trick … thanks!! Kind regards, Roland

Hi,
for my Vitodens 333-f the binding works very well. Is it possible to add the following feature

heating.sensors.temperature.return 

in the next updates?

thanks and best regards

Hi Team,
what is required to update that binding to 4.x.x?
Anything we can do to workaroud the current incompatibility meanwhile?

[Edit] The following answer apolies only to the Smarthome/J Viessmann Binding.

I had the same issue! A simple Remove and (Re-)Install of the binding did solve that one!

Currently there isn’t official support for OpenHAB 4.0.0

There is a branch in github compiled against 4.0.0.M3 and a version for 4.0.0 will be released soon

1 Like

It should already support this, it should appear as “Heating Return Temperature”