Visibility Setting in OH4 Pages

OH4.1 on a RPi3
Having created my first Page (called “Graph”), I am having difficulty in setting visibility.

I would like to ensure that this Graph Page is only visible to ordinary users. As such I have then unchecked “Administrators” and checked “Users”. However when I (log out as admin) and just navigate to openhab:8080 as an ordinary user, the Graph Page is not visible in sidebar.

Am I missing something - since I would expect to see the Graph as a sidebar when logged in as an ordinary user.

Many thanks !

When you log out as administrator you are not logged in at all.

If you want to have a page visible for users only, than you need to create additional non-admin user accounts (I believe via karaf console) first and log in with these new accounts.

If you want to have a page visible for non logged in people (=everyone) then you need to uncheck both boxes.

What’s the reason of removing access for administrator? Every administrator can change this again and grant itself access again.

Cheers for the reply.
As to why I am contemplating removing admin access - it is mainly because I don’t want those pages to be cluttered by “edit” buttons etc which are rarely going to be used on a small screen such as a phone.

For additional context - I am the admin - I want to access the pages I create in order to monitor a home - and do so remotely using a phone.

Happy holidays!

I think I understood what you want to achieve and having the same issue.

I use the OH app on my phone and I am not logged in. Therefore as a non-logged in user I only see some pages I need to regular use OH.

If I want to do admin tasks via mobile phone I use OH through the phones browser. By this I always have two version: 1x logged in as admin via browser & 1x not logged in via OH app

Maybe thats also working for you.