Voice Control with OpenHAB

Hello everyone, I’m working on making a voice assistant using the Raspberry Pi 3. I discovered OpenHAB a few days ago and I’m trying to figure out if I can use voice control with OpenHAB. I’ve done some research and I can’t find any detailed articles on the subject. If I can use voice control, is there a separate service I would need to use, or is it built-in to OpenHAB? Is it even possible to use voice control with OpenHAB? If anyone can help that would be great.

Welcome to the forum.

There are numerous different options for voice control. The docs cover the basics in the Audio and Voice section and many of the connections to external voice control systems in the “Ecosystem” section:

If you search the docs for “Habot” you’ll find the old chatbot that still integrates with the newest version.

There are some posts on the forum here about a system called SEPIA but I don’t know what the status of that project is.

The android app (don’t know about the other mobile apps) also supports voice-to-text and sends the text string to OH for use in custom rules if you want to build your own voice interaction.

I’m probably forgetting some others as well.

You can use the google assistant easily.

I use to use VoxCommando – Your voice rules!