Volvo Oncall binding

I will be more than happy if you make a pull request to extend VoC binding !

Cool!
Already started with the code and Iā€™m close to push it for review.

Iā€™m new to contributing to OH and working with GitHub so I might need some help.

I created an issue for the enhancement: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6880

Whatā€™s the next step? How can I assign it to myself?

1 Like

Once your coding is fine, just pull a PR, your coding is already referenced is the issue, so itā€™s fine.

I cannot find the jar file to install the binding. Can you please point me to that ? All the links on this thread are dead

Edit: Just realised that this binding is included in the 2.5 release. I just upgraded to that version and I can see it in paperui.

Hello, Iā€™ve got the same question/problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there any updated VoC binding available, newer than the one that came with OH 2.5 ?

There is a pull request waiting for merging in the next version.
This update contains more details (tyre pressure, etc) and PHEV data among a few other things. See my previous post in this topic.

I think someone from the OH crew has to do the merge and do this periodically?

In the mean

This issue should also be fixed in the PR

Excellent!
Thanks.
And btw: I was missing tire pressure as well.
:blush:

I installed the binding and copied the example located here
The binding seems to work but the data is not sent real time. It seems that the data is refreshed only after the car comes to a stop
When I lock and unlock the car I do not see an immediate change in the sitemap
Is this working as designed ?

Yes, that is quite as designed.
Youā€™ll have the same behaviour the other way around. FE: as you close your car with openhab, the app also wonā€™t update immediately. It updates when it connects to the server, the same as the binding.
(There are some exceptions in this, like car alarm triggers but most of the data will be updated periodically)

What you can do is to lower the refreshinterval in your thing configuration.
In the example it is set to 5, the value is in minutes.

Ok thanks. Do you know if the exception below is normal ?

I get this when the openhab service starts

Cannot add ā€œContactItemā€ with key ā€œvolvooncall_doors#tailgateā€: The specified name of the item ā€˜volvooncall_doors#tailgateā€™ is not valid!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The specified name of the item ā€˜volvooncall_doors#tailgateā€™ is not valid!

I copied it straight from the example

I canā€™t find the value ā€œvolvooncall_doors#tailgateā€ in the example.
The error says that the name of your item is invalid, most likely because there is a # in it.

Can you post your .items file?

Hereā€™s an example of a working one :

Contact Voc_DoorsTailgate	"Hayon [%s]"	<none> (gDoorsOpening) {channel="volvooncall:vehicle:glh:XC60:doors#tailgate"}

Alternatively, if things are created/discovered in PaperUI:

{channel="volvooncall:vehicle:YOUR_VEHICLE_ID:doors#tailgate"}

I have started to get a lot of this in logs

2020-03-17 08:48:14.720 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler of thing volvooncall:vehicle:1:YV1BW738DF1234567 tried accessing its bridge although the handler was already disposed.
2020-03-17 08:48:14.721 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler of thing volvooncall:vehicle:1:YV1MV21L1G1234567 tried accessing its bridge although the handler was already disposed.
2020-03-17 08:48:14.722 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2020-03-17 08:48:14.723 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

I have the same issue since a few days.

According to the latest doc the missing items have been added.

But where can I find the jar?

EDIT:
I found it here:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/webapp/#/builds/PR-openHAB2-Addons/18005/1585204320884/published%20/org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.volvooncall:2.5.4-SNAPSHOT

But this binding does still not provide the tyre and brake fluid stuff

I got these as well while doing the latest development.

Clear the cache and a restart fixed it for me

The changes where implemented in this PR: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/6934

That PR has been merged for milestone builde 2.5.3 so should also be in the latest snapshot.

On which version are you? And if you are using jar in the addons folder, did you uninstall the binding in PaperUI first?

If you look at the thing in PaperUI, which channels does is display?

Thanks, @avdlee for your response.
I am using 2.5.4.202003260801 in the addons folder and according to karaf itā€™s running
(and yes, I have uninstalled the binding using addons.cfg.)
In PaperUI I just see the previous channels - the new ones (tyres, brake fluid are still missing)

EDIT:
After deleting and adding my vehicle, the thing shows everything :slight_smile:
Thanks!