Wall Tablet Android Micro USB

Dear all,
since some month i do have a wall mounted android tablet running the OpenHab App with FullyKiosk Browser.
I just used a pretty old Android 10" Tablet (lifetab s10346).
But unfortunatelly the response in the Opehab App is really really slow. Latest Android Version on the tablet is 5.0.2 and i think its just too old.

I do have a hard-wired micro usb charging cable in the wall. So i am searching now for a cheap (<100 $) 10" android tablet with micro usb power plug which runs the Openhab App smooth.
Searching online i really only find USB C powered tablets.

Can someone give me a hint which tablet would be suitable?

Thank you all!

Do you run the openHAB app or just open a UI webpage in the browser? And which UI are you using?

I run HabPanelViewer on an old Amazon Fire HD 10 to show a HabPanel, and it works flawlessly. You can probably find a used tablet with MicroUSB, but I’d just get a MicroUSB-to-USB-C adapter.

Hi rpwong, i am sorry. I was wrong in my first post, i am using the web browser from the FullyKiosk App. Not the openhab app… i am only using main ui. Yes obvious solution is to use a micro usb to usb c converter. But i want to keep my frame borders small. I think i will try to get a uses 2020+ tablet with android 11+
I was thinking about a fire tablet too but i dont want to mess around with unlocking it

You can just use Fire Toolbox to install Google services. You just need to enable ADB from Developer Tools, then connect to a Windows/Mac PC with a USB cable.

https://xdaforums.com/t/windows-linux-tool-fire-toolbox-v33-1.3889604/

Thank you for the hint.
I already read about fire toolbox. However i also read that there are problems using fully kiosk app and auto turn on screen at front camera movements. Do you have the same issues?
Assuming that you are using fully kiosk app…

I use HabPanelViewer. You can run any webpage on it, so Main UI pages work as well.

I have it on all of the time when I’m home, and have rules to turn off the screen when I’m sleeping or away.

I use a 8.7 inch Galaxy Tab A7 lite with fully Kiosk. It turns on when the camera detects motions.
It runs Android 14 and the speed of MainUI is alright (but not amazing).