Warning during build and error in the PR build

Hi,
I noticed the following warnings when I build a new add-on. Should I be worried about and do I have to fix the pom.xml somehow? It could be because I rebased on top of master and I may have changed accidentally something that I shouldn’t change…

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.solax:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING] ‘parent.relativePath’ of POM org.openhab.addons:org.openhab.addons.reactor:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT (E:\git\openhab-addons\pom.xml) points at org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bundles instead of org.openhab:openhab-super-pom, please verify your project structure @ org.openhab.addons:org.openhab.addons.reactor:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT, E:\git\openhab-addons\pom.xml, line 6, column 11
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]

The PR: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/14880

Cheers,
Konstantin

The CI build in the PR fails with the following error, even though I have added the binding to the pom.xml in /bundles folder:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Error: ] Could not find the selected project in the reactor: :org.openhab.addons.reactor.features.karaf @ 
Error:  Could not find the selected project in the reactor: :org.openhab.addons.reactor.features.karaf -> [Help 1]
Error:  
Error:  To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Error:  Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
Error:  
Error:  For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
Error:  [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

Did you use the bundles/create_openhab_binding_skeleton script to generate the basis for your new binding? Because you have missing entries in CODEOWNERS and bom/openhab-addons/pom.xml both content that should be generated by the script or didn’t you commit them? It might explain your error.

I get the same error with a binding that I am working on. And yes, I did create it with the skeleton script.

EDIT: to be specific: the skeleton script did NOT create the appropriate entry in openhab-addons\bom\openhab-addons\pom.xml

Yes. I used the skeleton creation script but maybe something has changed in the meantime.
If I copy over the files from the main branch and add the necessary entries, I guess that should be sufficient, right?

Cheers,
K.

P.S. Now I read Hilbrand’s response again. Probably I did not commit them as they’re outside my project folder. Will check about this and will respond again. Thank you! :slight_smile:

This might be a windows issue. (guessing you use windows based on your path separators).

Yes adding the necessary entries should be ok.

I do use Windows for development. But can’t comment if the script issue is due to that…

For some reason these files were not changed by skeleton create script but after manual change everything is OK now.

Thanks a lot Hilbrand!

P.S. One small thing I noticed… I remember that the skeleton creation generated the initial classes with a non-capital letter. Probably it’s because I supplied the name of the binding with a lower-case but maybe it’s something easy to fix in the script.