Warning in Log about nal.model.GenericResponseTransformer

I see in my logs sometimes warning from the nal.model.GenericResponseTransformer:
2023-02-13 21:59:02.357 [WARN ] [nal.model.GenericResponseTransformer] - caught exception while trying to update channel state#latestPulse with value '2023-02-13T20:57:12.000Z'. Exception: Text '2023-02-13T20:57:12.000Z' could not be parsed at index 19

Which device or script sends this warning?
How can I remove or fix it?

Using OH 3.4.1

Is there a way to get more infos about it?
Is this coming from a script or from a device/channel?

I want to get rid of this in my logs :slight_smile:

Do you use the easee binding ? Then it is most probably cause by that binding as it seems to be the only binding that shows GenericResponseTransformer in its soource code.

Increase that bindings loglevel to debug or trace. I would expect to the see data being processed then in the logging. Watch for normal traffic and traffic that raises the error message there should be a difference. I have no idea what this would mean about amount of data that will be logged. So you may be need to be carefull that the log space will not run out of space.
Are date/timestamps always sent in the same time format …?

Thanks, yes I use the easee binding and there is a “latestPulse” channel:

But I don’t use this channel.

I have seen that I use a old version from the easee binding.
Will uninstall it and install it via the official one.

Let’s see if it is afterwards fixed.

Can you tell me how did you find that the easee binding use the GenericResponseTransformer?

You can download the source code for openhab-core

git clone https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core.git

and openhab-addons

git clone https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons.git

The above commands will download the related source branches into separate directories in the current directory where you start the commands.

Then I did:

find . -type f -exec grep -l GenericResponseTransformer {}  \;

in each of them which returned these two files belonging to the same binding

./bundles/org.openhab.binding.easee/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/easee/internal/model/GenericResponseTransformer.java
./bundles/org.openhab.binding.easee/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/easee/internal/command/AbstractCommand.java
1 Like