Waterkotte Ecotouch Binding missing

Hi,

today I “played” a little bit with Openhab v3. First in a Docker Container and after a short period I have updated my OH2.5 installation after a backup.

There were similar small issues to solve (espressions in rules (e.g. getHourofDay), configurations of bindings (e.g. Telegram), Windows service not working any more). In general it looks quite good and most stuff was migrated succesful. I ended up the test und restored my 2.5 installation because one binding was missing in the Moment: Waterkotte Ecotouch. Were can I find it or does it need some more time in development for v3?

Thanks

The ecotouch is a version 1 binding. Those bindings are not supported in v3 and need to migrated to openHAB 3. You can see here what the status of v1 binding migration is: openHAB 1 addon compatibility overview with openHAB 2 · Issue #6179 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub Looking at the list there seems to be no known activity to migrate the ecotouch binding, therefore only if someone picks this up there will be a replacement.

Ah ok thanks. Then I will check If I need this in the future. Best Regards

There is already a v2 version, but it is not merged to openhab yet. But it works good so far…

Please report back, if you see any issues.

For me, the settings for the heating curve (Heizkurve) - don´t know the right english word for this… is not working, i can read, but values are not written to the heatpump.

But for the maintainer of the binding, it works… At the moment, we don´t know exactly, where the error could be.

If it stays a 2.x binding, it never will get merged if it is not already.
Future openHAB 2.x updates will be bugfix releases only, no more enhancements (like new bindings).

There is already a pre-release EcoTouch binding for OH3: https://github.com/sibbi77/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/ecotouch-3.0.0-1.
I put it in the Openhab2-addons folder or to /usr/share/openhab/addons/ but in either case I can see the binding in OH3.

Currently I am trying to find my way in OpenHAB3 and have made a test installation.
I have downloaded the .jar file and put it in the addons folder (which I can see from the Samba_share). However I cannot see the Binding in the Bindings Tab. Is that normal/okay? I also placed the ecotouch.cfg in the services folder with thre correct data.

The services/addons.cfg I have also added the line binding = ecotouch

when using the 2.5 binding I get the following log message:
Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.ecotouch-2.5.11-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.ecotouch [226]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types

Message with 3.0.0 binding
2021-02-25 14:22:36.467 [WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on ‘ecotouch’ does not exist - ignoring it.
My version is:

openHAB 3.0.1

Release Build

PS: My post can be neglected. I found a more updated release which works fine. Putting it here so others can use this if they have issues

Hello again,
can anybody tell me if the Ecotouch 3.0 binding is working for them in Openhab 3?
I can configure a thing, which is shown online, but alle the channels do not work/do not get any data.
All channels have value NULL.
Just as a note: Since I have a newer version of the Ecotouch Geo, password/user are “waterkotte” instead of admin/wtkadmin.

Using exactly the same things/items in OH 2.5 (with the 2.5 binding) and the channels work (and have data).

My log shows this error/warning. Though I am not sure if it is related to deleting the .jar and putting it back in the folder:

2021-03-09 16:45:47.870 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'org.openhab.binding.ecotouch.internal.EcoTouchTags[] org.openhab.binding.ecotouch.internal.EcoTouchTags.values()'

at org.openhab.binding.ecotouch.internal.EcoTouchHandler.lambda$1(EcoTouchHandler.java:184) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Hi, I am trying to get EcoTouch Binding (Jan-7, 3.0.0-3 to work. But while I can see the Thing online, all items seem to be NULL. My items/sitemap/services files are file based and work perfectly fine on a OH2 installation. Any clue?

I put the jar file to /usr/share/openhab/addons

Hey,
I got it to work, didn’t update my beforehand post though.
I am not 100% sure what I did though, but in the end I had to change all my items because I did not work with the pump as thing before. However I have not continued with my OH3 installation, but I can boot it up and check all my files and paste those here if you think it might help you.

Thanks for offering the help. After playing around a bit yesterday night, I found via the developer thread at Github that the definitions are a bit different in OH3 (I guess more what the standard is now).

In my items definitions I needed to change the old format ( …ecotouch=… ) to a channel definition. I also put the Thing into my file-based config which I prefer. Seems to work on OH3 now as well.

Blockquote
Thing ecotouch:geo:heatpump “Waterkotte Heatpump” @ “basement” [ ip=“x.x.x.x”, username=“waterkotte”, password=“waterkotte”, refresh=120 ]

Blockquote
Number:Temperature HeatPump_Temp_Aussen { channel=“ecotouch:geo:heatpump:temperature_outside” }