Weather Binding "CommonId not found" since upgrad 1.8.0

Putting Waiblingen in Yahoo weather, it looks like you missed the digit 4 at the end of your woeid.

@sihui @watou :+1:your eyes are much better than mine.
In every comment in my openhab.cfg the woeid has the correct five digits. But not there where it is really important.
Problem is solved now. Thanx!

Now I see the really bad weather also for the next days

1 Like

Keep warm and dry!

Hallo
Yahoo weather binding doesn’t work, I get this error:
2016-03-24 17:48:48.440 [ERROR] [.w.i.p.AbstractWeatherProvider] - YAHOO[home]: Can’t retreive weather data: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request

Openhab 1.8.1 and weather binding 1.9.snapshot

Same problem, started yesterday, First thought that this is only my problem, but it seems to involve more people. So has anyone got any solution already or have to change Yahoo weather for something else?

There’s this messahe on weather api page:

To increase the security measure and better serving our YDN customers, weather data source will enforce OAuth 1 starting March 15, 2016. Please update your API calls with OAuth 1 enabled (via the OAuth /v1/yql end point if using YQL) using your Yahoo App key and secret.
old: https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%20in%20(select%20woeid%20from%20geo.places(1)%20where%20text%3D%22nome%2C%20ak%22)&format=json
new: https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%20in%20(select%20woeid%20from%20geo.places(1)%20where%20text%3D%22nome%2C%20ak%22)&format=json

I started receiving this same message this morning (Weather forecast day 1 not available for locationId ‘home’, only 0 available etc…) and as at 9:18am NZL time, my temperature has changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit. I have made NO configuration changes. Is anyone else seeing their weather binding start outputting temp’s in Fahrenheit randomly?

Yes, same here since this morning.
°C changed to Fahrenheit.
Additionally I have UTF-8 issues again:

Bew��lkt - 38/43°C

Hello Community

This morning i tried to update my openhab from 1.7.1 to 1.8.2 because of an issue with the homematic binding.

The last few hours i tried to fix my weather bindings, because it stopped working since the update.

But I’m not only using Yahoo, I also use ForecastIo and WorldWeatherOnline. All three stopped working with my 1.7.2 config. I’ve checked to config files but could find any difference.

Doing a rollback corrects the problem with the weather binding.
So I may guess the 1.8 weahter bindings have an problem.

Both Versions are in seperate direcotories, so i can switch between them.

regrads and happy easter

Are you using features of the weather binding that were later removed?

Hello @chimera I am also seeing the same issues you describe above, with everything changing to F from C

I check again this morning was Fahrenheit, just checked again right now my persistence graph shows it changed back to Celsius as at midday NZL time!

I wonder if yahoo screwed up something.

I still have an issue where my webview (using example.html layout) works under local wifi but fails remotely via my.openhab.org view on my iPhone. Throws an error:

Cannot GET /weather?locationId=home&layout=example&iconset=colorful

Sorry I did not get it.

I think I am not using something special.
Here is my config of my primary weather provider:

Number home_Temperatur “Temperatur [%.1f °C]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current” }
Number home_Temperatur_Min “Temperatur min [%.1f °C]” { weather=“locationId=home, forecast=0, type=temperature, property=min” }
Number home_Temperatur_Max “Temperatur max [%.1f °C]” { weather=“locationId=home, forecast=0, type=temperature, property=max” }

Number home_Temperatur_Feel “Temperatur gefühlt [%.1f °C]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=temperature, property=feel” }
Number home_Temperatur_Taupunkt “Taupunkt [%.1f °C]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=temperature, property=dewpoint” }
Number home_Luftfeuchtigkeit “Luftfeuchte [%d %%]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=humidity” }
Number home_Luftdruck “Luftdruck [%.0f mb]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=pressure” }
Number home_Bewoelkung “Bewölkung [%.0f %%]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=clouds, property=percent” }
String home_Wetter “Wetter [%s]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=condition, property=text” }
Number home_Regen “Regen [%.2f mm/h]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=rain” }
Number home_Vorhersage “Regenwahrscheinlichkeit [%d %%]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=probability” }
Number home_Windgeschwindigkeit “Windgeschwindigkeit [%.0f km/h]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=wind, property=speed” }
String home_Windrichtung “Windrichtung [%s]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=wind, property=direction” }
Number home_Windrichtung_Grad “Windrichtung [%d°]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=wind, property=degree” }
Number home_Ozon “Ozon [%d ppm]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=ozone” }
Number home_Niederschlag “Niederschlagswahrscheinlichkeit [%d %%]” { weather=“locationId=home, forecast=0, type=precipitation, property=probability” }
Number home_Regen_Pro “Nierschlag Regen [%.2f mm/h]” { weather=“locationId=home, forecast=0, type=precipitation, property=rain” }
Number home_Schnee_Pro “Niederschalg Schnee [%.2f mm/h]” { weather=“locationId=home, forecast=0, type=precipitation, property=snow” }
Number home_Temperatur_Zeitraum “Temperatur - Zeitraum”
DateTime home_Letztes_Update “Letztes Update [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]” { weather=“locationId=home, type=condition, property=lastUpdate” }

Do you mean, some features where removed? Because the complete addon did not get any data. Are was no updates in the event.log regarding weather data.

Kind regrads
Manuel

The item token was removed some time ago, so entries in your web view like ${item:WeatherWind.value} don’t work in the current binding. Later, Yahoo! changed their weather API so that there is no longer a practical way to take a lat,long as input to produce a woeid, so for Yahoo provider you have to specify woeid in your openhab.cfg. Any recent hiccups are due (I think) to changes or problems with the weather API provider(s).

First of all I’m not using Yahoo. So this will not cause any trouble.

The removal of the item token will require updating my item.cfg file. Or do I have to update my sitemap.cfg file or both?
I’ve just read the wiki page of the weather plugin multiple times and don’t understand how to change my configs to have a valid and working one. The docu only refers to a new config “html layout” section. Also I don’t understand how to refer to multiple data providers.

Maybe someone can post a short example for the item.cfg and sitemap.cfg.

Thanks a lot

buedy have you opened your config in openhab designer? It does a reasonably good job at picking up and highlighting errors in your config

Hello

Yes, I do all my configs with the openhab designer. There are no errors.

Hi there,
since yesterday I quite often started to receive such error with Yahoo Weather Binding:

CommonId not found: CommonIdHandler[provider=YAHOO,id=<null>,icon=<null>]

And temperature is not updated. Am I the only one? What could be the reason?

Same here.

Same here.