Weather binding with openweathermap - sunrise?

Ive successfully integrated the weather binding like shown in several examples in this forum. Now Id like to get sunrise and sunset pulled from openweathermap, the value is there but I have no clue how to get it.
I found an API doc here:

http://samples.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?lat=35&lon=139&appid=b6907d289e10d714a6e88b30761fae22

I tried:
DateTime Sunrise “Sonnenaufgang [%1$tH:%1$tM]” {weather=“locationId=home, type=sys, property=sunrise”}

Error:
2018-01-29 14:28:22.947 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type ‘weather’ of item ‘Sunrise’ could not be parsed correctly.
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: Invalid binding, unknown type or property: locationId=home, type=sys, property=sunrise

I know there is an astro binding, but I want to keep my openhab light…
any ideas?

I’d STRONGLY advice you to delete your PRIVATE API-key in the intial post!

Additionally, I do not think that astrological data is in that API nor is it handled by the weather binding (at least I think it is not).
However OH has a dedicated Astro-binding which can give you those values!

very attentive Jürgen, but the API Key is a sample key from the openweathermaps.org homepage, it`s not mine. :wink:

1 Like

Ups, sunrise ans -set are in the API. However I’d still suggest to use the Astro-binding.