Weather Binding won't install using Paper UI

Unfortunately the Weather Binding refuses installation.

Is there anything that needs to be prepared for proper installation via Paper UI?
I had no problems to install other bindings this was.

At this point I would not spend any time trying to get the Weather 1.x binding installed and working. Your time would be better spent installing and configuring one of the 2.x weather bindings like OpenWeatherMap or Meteoblue.

But in general, without way more details (as described in How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You) we would never be able to help. What version of OH? How was it installed? What is it running on? Errors in the logs?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

You’re absolutely right that I should give potential helpers more information about my setup. I’m running habian on a pi 3 with openHAB version 2.5.1-2.

An apropriate weather binding is needed to control my Shelly rollershutters depending on the actual weather in my home (sunshine or storm) and not only scheduled times for opening or closing.

Do you have a recommendation for a weather binding suited for my needs?

I use OpenWeatherMap but what the best choice is will depend on a lot of different factors.

I also use OpenWeatherMap. The free account has limitations on forecasts, but it’s great if you’re only concerned about the conditions right now. There’s a tutorial if you want to convert the hourly forecasts that are provided in the free account into a daily forecast.

The OpenWeatherMap installation fails too:

2020-06-05 18:41:20.815 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-binding-zigbee': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-zigbee; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.1,2.5.1]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-zigbee)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.1)(version<=2.5.1))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-zigbee/2.5.1: missing requirement [openhab-binding-zigbee/2.5.1] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.5,2.5.5]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531/2.5.5: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531/2.5.5] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.zigbee.converter)" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.5: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.5] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=com.zsmartsystems.zigbee)(version>=1.3.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))"]]]

And the answers to my other questions?

It looks as though you may have a manual installation of an older version of the Zigbee binding and there is a dependency missing. Try removing the manual installation of Zigbee to see if that resolves the error on startup.

No. All bindings have been installed using Paper UI.
openHAB was installed on the Pi using the openHAB image.

I have no idea how to manually uninstall the zigbee binding. I think this was installed while on version 2.4 of openHAB.

Would the best solution consist of a fresh installation using the openHAB image for Pi?
I would save my items and sitemap to reuse it later.

Strange. I’d try clearing the cache and restarting a couple times then. Installing from scratch should help too.

Problem solved.

My last attempt was an update and this did the job.
The OpenWeather binding was installed and the log shows no problem.

Thanks a lot for helping.