Weather Binding: WORLDWEATHERONLINE[LG]: Can't retrieve weather data: API key does not have access to the resource

Hello,

I have installed the Weather Binding and have configured it so far.
For this I have currently created an item.
But I get unfortunately only the error:

2021-04-28 14:01:58.222 [WARN ] [ther.internal.parser.CommonIdHandler] - CommonId not found: CommonIdHandler[provider=WORLDWEATHERONLINE,id=,icon=]

2021-04-28 14:01:58.227 [ERROR] [nal.provider.AbstractWeatherProvider] - WORLDWEATHERONLINE[LG]: Can’t retrieve weather data: API key does not have access to the resource.

I have activated a Premium API with the provider. So it can not be because of that.

My configuration:

apikey.WorldWeatherOnline=6bfXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX704
# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
location.LG.name=LG
location.LG.latitude=53.25
location.LG.longitude=10.43
#location.LG.woeid=      (required for Yahoo provider)
location.LG.provider=WorldWeatherOnline
location.LG.language=de
location.LG.updateInterval=1
#location.LG.units=

My Item (Just one Item created till now)

Number:Dimensionless  Wetterinformationen_Current_BewLkung   "Bewölkung [%.0f %%]"   {weather="locationId=LG, type=clouds, property=percent"}

Apart from that, the provider has a dashboard where you can see the requests. Obviously, not one request has been made yet. So it will definitely be due to this binding itself.

Any Ideas?

Since this is a Version 1 binding you are running openHAB in a 2.X version andnot the actually current openHAB 3.
Note that this binding will not run on OPENHAB 3 and that support for this binding in openHAB 2 migth not be possible.

Reading the error message I would understand that the data request has been rejected by the provider.

Currently I still have openhab 2.0 installed.

Based on the message I would have also thought that the request is rejected, but nothing seems to have arrived and I just have no idea why…

But in that case, I’ll withdraw my question for now, update to 3.0 and see what options I might have with other bindings.

Are you sure about this ONE MINUTE update interval?
Did you try to raise the log- level to DEBUG?

the minute was set only for testing. But it makes no difference whether I set 15, 30 or 60 minutes.

Stupid question: How do I change the debug level? :slight_smile:

Get into the Console and set the LogLevel for the Weather-B8nding (org.openhab.binding.weather).