Weather

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi
    • openHAB version: OpenHab 2.4
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
    Trying to get a weather add to my openhab.
    I tryed to get the weather on my openhab. 1st one didn’t work so I tryed the 2ed one out

"NO DATER COMES UP IN AT ALL " Basic UI

Log.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-11-03 02:48:27.959 [WARN ] [.weather.internal.bus.WeatherBinding] - Unable to find any configuration settings for weather binding. Check openhab.cfg.

2018-11-03 02:48:27.963 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, id=399, bundle=242/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.weather/1.13.0-SNAPSHOT]: Updating property weather of configuration org.openhab.weather caused a problem: Unable to find any configuration settings for weather binding. Check openhab.cfg.

org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: weather : Unable to find any configuration settings for weather binding. Check openhab.cfg.

at org.openhab.binding.weather.internal.bus.WeatherBinding.updated(WeatherBinding.java:76) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189) ~[9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1102) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1058) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:138) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2018-11-03 02:48:32.856 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'fronius:bridge:mybridge' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): hostname or ip is not reachable

2018-11-03 02:48:32.885 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'fronius:powerinverter:mybridge:myinverter' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

Things files

//Weather
Bridge openweathermap:weather-api:api "OpenWeatherMap Account" [apikey="taking my API KEY OUT", refreshInterval=10, language="En"] {
    Thing weather-and-forecast local "Local Weather And Forecast" [location="-27.3794,153.0187", forecastHours=0, forecastDays=7]
    Thing weather-and-forecast miami "Weather And Forecast In Miami" [location="25.782403,-80.264563", forecastHours=24, forecastDays=0]
}

Items file

//Weather
String localStationId "ID [%s]" { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:station#id" }
String localStationName "Name [%s]" { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:station#name" }
Location localStationLocation "Location [%2$s°N %3$s°E]" <location> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:station#location" }

DateTime localLastMeasurement "Timestamp of last measurement [%1$tY-%1$tm-%1$tdT%1$tH:%1$tM:%1$tS]" <time> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#time-stamp" }
String localCurrentCondition "Current condition [%s]" <sun_clouds> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#condition" }
Image localCurrentConditionIcon "Icon" { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#icon" }
Number:Temperature localCurrentTemperature "Current temperature [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#temperature" }
Number:Pressure localCurrentPressure "Current barometric pressure [%.1f %unit%]" <pressure> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#pressure" }
Number:Dimensionless localCurrentHumidity "Current atmospheric humidity [%d %unit%]" <humidity> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#humidity" }
Number:Speed localCurrentWindSpeed "Current wind speed [%.1f km/h]" <wind> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#wind-speed" }
Number:Angle localCurrentWindDirection "Current wind direction [%d %unit%]" <wind> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#wind-direction" }
Number:Dimensionless localCurrentCloudiness "Current cloudiness [%d %unit%]" <clouds> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#cloudiness" }
Number:Length localCurrentRainVolume "Current rain volume [%.1f %unit%]" <rain> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#rain" }
Number:Length localCurrentSnowVolume "Current snow volume [%.1f %unit%]" <snow> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:current#snow" }

DateTime localDailyForecastTodayTimestamp "Timestamp of forecast [%1$tY-%1$tm-%1$td]" <time> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#time-stamp" }
String localDailyForecastTodayCondition "Condition for today [%s]" <sun_clouds> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#condition" }
Image localDailyForecastTodayConditionIcon "Icon" { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#icon" }
Number:Temperature localDailyForecastTodayMinTemperature "Minimum temperature for today [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#min-temperature" }
Number:Temperature localDailyForecastTodayMaxTemperature "Maximum temperature for today [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#max-temperature" }
Number:Pressure localDailyForecastTodayPressure "Barometric pressure for today [%.1f %unit%]" <pressure> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#pressure" }
Number:Dimensionless localDailyForecastTodayHumidity "Atmospheric humidity for today [%d %unit%]" <humidity> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#humidity" }
Number:Speed localDailyForecastTodayWindSpeed "Wind speed for today [%.1f km/h]" <wind> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#wind-speed" }
Number:Angle localDailyForecastTodayWindDirection "Wind direction for today [%d %unit%]" <wind> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#wind-direction" }
Number:Dimensionless localDailyForecastTodaytCloudiness "Cloudiness for today [%d %unit%]" <clouds> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#cloudiness" }
Number:Length localDailyForecastTodayRainVolume "Rain volume for today [%.1f %unit%]" <rain> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#rain" }
Number:Length localDailyForecastTodaySnowVolume "Snow volume for today [%.1f %unit%]" <snow> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#snow" }

DateTime localDailyForecastTomorrowTimestamp "Timestamp of forecast [%1$tY-%1$tm-%1$td]" <time> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastToday#time-stamp" }
String localDailyForecastTomorrowCondition "Condition for tomorrow [%s]" <sun_clouds> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastTomorrow#condition" }
Image localDailyForecastTomorrowConditionIcon "Icon" { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastTomorrow#icon" }
Number:Temperature localDailyForecastTomorrowMinTemperature "Minimum temperature for tomorrow [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastTomorrow#min-temperature" }
Number:Temperature localDailyForecastTomorrowMaxTemperature "Maximum temperature for tomorrow [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> { channel="openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local:forecastTomorrow#max-temperature" }

Did have this all felled in at weather.cfg but that did work. so taken it all donw

yo# The apikey for the different weather providers, at least one must be specified
# Note: Hamweather requires two apikeys: client_id=apikey, client_secret=apikey2
#apikey.ForecastIo=
#apikey.OpenWeatherMap=
#apikey.WorldWeatherOnline=
#apikey.Wunderground=
#apikey.Hamweather=
#apikey2.Hamweather=
#apikey.Meteoblue=

# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
#location.<locationId1>.name=
#location.<locationId1>.latitude= (not required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId1>.longitude= (not required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId1>.woeid=      (required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId1>.provider=
#location.<locationId1>.language=
#location.<locationId1>.updateInterval=
#location.<locationId1>.units=

#location.<locationId2>.name=
#location.<locationId2>.latitude=   (not required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId2>.longitude=  (not required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId2>.woeid=      (required for Yahoo provider)
#location.<locationId2>.provider=
#location.<locationId2>.language=
#location.<locationId2>.updateInterval=
#location.<locationId2>.units=

openweathermap binding is not weather binding. Use only one setup guide.

What is openweathermap binding

I trying ok, what one setup guide should I use and how to fix that I try 2 ways to get weather?

I just added eg. Things to home.things

Thanks

You linked to the github for that in your first post.
Your Things file appears to be set up to suit that openweathermap binding.
So of course, your Items/channels definitions are for openweathermap binding as well.

The error you showed us in your log comes from weather binding, a different binding that will not work with openweathermap style Thing setup.
Because it is reporting an error, I assume that is the binding that you have actually installed on your system.
You need to follow the setup for weather binding, which uses the weather.cfg file instead of Things.

You can use the weather binding with the OpenWeatherMap service, as well as other services like Wunderground.

Hi @rossko57 @cweitkamp has just msg me back saying this.

is he confused what I trying to do.

Thanks @cweitkamp and @rossko57 I just don’t know who one to follow.

It’s up to you.

You can use weather binding, but you need to follow the weather.cfg setting up.

OR

You can use openweathermap binding, but you will need to install it and use the Things setting up.

how do I find the openwethermap binding and how do I get weather binding off my openhab 2,4

One thing to notice: The OWM binding is still in development. I expect it to be merged in the upcoming week.

For now you have two choices: Download the binding from the link in this post and put it into your addons/ folder OR use the Eclipse Market Place to install it.

Cheers C