Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

Thanks guys. That did the trick. Echo control is working and my logs aren’t exploding.

Quick overview / dumbed down version on how to resolve… alternately use: openhab-cli console rather than ssh’ing out of habit like I do :slight_smile: (password: habopen) Find bundle number for amazon binding, update it, list it again to confirm version updates ok, logout, restart OH (or reboot)

Thanks heaps for the fix!

3 Likes

Installed the fix yesterday and running smoothly since:

##    Memory = Free: 2.68GB (70%), Used: 1.17GB (30%), Total: 3.86GB
##      Swap = Free: 0.09GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 0.09GB

Thanks s lot for the fix!

… and I also do not use lastCommand.

Hi everybody, currently I have not really time for the binding. Anyway, I have debugged now what’s going on. For the moment I did not find any solution, the upgrade request for the WebSocket is failing with unknown reason. It will take a lot of time to find what’s going on here. Anyone is welcome to help here. It will be necessary to compare the WS upgrade request in the Alexa Web-App with the one of the binding to find out the difference.

4 Likes

Unfortunately - since the code of the „beta“ can‘t be found anywhere - I cannot provide versions for that. In fact IMO this whole issues shows why there should be no beta/RC besides the official line.

2 Likes

I really dont know what im talking about so this might be a silly question but is it the JAR file you need and then you can apply the same changes to that?

No. The jar is built from source code. You can only change that source code and built a new jar. Since the source code is not available (at least nowhere I know, the „standard“ place would be a GitHub repository).

To explain how that works in general:

There is a GitHub repository called openhab-addons, this contains the addons for the official distribution. If someone wants to contribute to the project (and everyone is encouraged to do so, even if it‘s a minor correction to the documentation like better wording!) he can „fork“ that repository (make an own copy on GitHub). He can then work on that copy (which is still available publicly) and raise a „pull request“ (PR) to the official repo. GitHub then shows only the differences between the official and the modified versions. The „maintainers“ and everyone else (for example the original contributor, usually called the „codeowner“) can look at these changes and make suggestions for improvements („review“). After everything looks fine, the maintainers can include the code in the official repo (called „merge“).

If a pull request is there, someone else can probably take over if the original author gets lost. If not, the whole work has to be redone. Only binaries do not suffice.

4 Likes

@michi if Jan is willing to apply the changes to the beta - would you be able to share the source code?

Sounds very good, thx so much for spending so much time to this :).

But I have a little problem, when I trie to get the ID of my binding over bundle:list | grep -i amazon I dont get anything…the amazon binding is not available in the list…but the binding is still running… what could be the problem here? thx a lot

Important!!! Case Sensitive!!! Look for grep Amazon

Thank you very much for taking a moment to explain how that all works for those of us who aren’t developers by profession! I was very confused why people kept talking about “Public Relations” when talking about the binding, and I now know they were talking about pull requests, lol.

I spent about six hours decompiling the latest beta Jar, digging through the various classes and attempting to compare it to the repaired version you so awesomely brought together for us earlier today and while I found more similarities than differences, you could definitely tell the jar itself was the product of/result of a larger process, with the manifest and whatnot, and not really something you could pick apart and piece together into a standalone working version, by starting from the bottom up.

If there’s any way I can be of use, I do have some availability to help here. Also, I would really like to be able to control the lighting and air-conditioning on one side of my home properly again :grimacing::pray:t2: but won’t be able to do that without the beta version working. I also agree it really seems that with a project of this scale and scope, that perhaps we really should only have one working version. I will say though, if your home is more-or-less configured around Alexa, with the Amazon systems acting at the core, the features in the beta release are so very helpful and it’s hard to be without them! Hopefully we can push everything into one updated release candidate version at some point!

Thank you again so very much for your hard work and guidance here with all of this!

Still the same problem, no Amazon available :frowning:

EDIT: oh i seems that the name of the binding is now after installing the first fix:

245 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.6.202006141340 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: A

The name was cutted of.

I think that should be the amazon binding.

Thx

If the binding is running it MUST be in the bundle:list. There’s no other way! :wink:
You’re sure that

1. you are in fact in the openhab console running those bundle-commands? (running openhab-cli console) in the Linux console?
  2. you have in fact the binding running (see Paper UI)
1 Like

Yes u are right. Please see my post before :). Thx

1 Like

no biggie.
But keep in mind, (WRONG: the bundles’ names are always fully grepable, even if they’re cut short in your SSH-Window). You could always change the window size of your SSH-terminal program to get more information.

funny thing: if your console window isn’t big enough to fit the whole bundle description, it really doesn’t apply the grep accordingly…?
you should always be able to | grep Amazon or | grep -i amazon ("-i": ignore uppercase) in the openhab console… regardless of the terminal window’s size…? strange!

1 Like

@J-N-K Thx soooooooooo much! Openhab log without any erros since weeks. Perfect! :slight_smile:

Yes Window size counts ^^… very strange!

Confirmed working on my Win10 setup. Amazing work @J-N-K and big thanks to the openHAB community for helping to identify this issue.

I use LastVoiceCommand extensively so my smarthome has effectively been out of action for the last few days. All fixed now!

Hi,
if my “dots and exclamation marks” help to speed up finding a solution or a workaround for the problem, than I really appreciate your reprehension.
Your reaction shows that my message is addressed.
Please do not take everything literally: english is not my native langauge

It’s ok for me

Gruß Stefan Heinz
send mobile

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Can confirm that with latest jar file the oom is gone and the log error (connect problem is gone). One wired thing happend: in the first 5 minutes after a fresh restart i could toggle play/pause via openhab but TTS and lastVoiceCommand wasn’t working. After about 5 minutes everything works well (currently), so TTS etc. is fully working.