Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

i had your same problem i downloaded it with putty but how do i install it? Thank you!

I read that you had the same problem, I just uninstalled amazonechocontrol binding from Interface Bindings, downloaded the file to “/usr/share/openhab/addons” and used “sudo reboot” and now it’s working!

2021-10-12 23:21:06.631 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘Echo_Living_Room_LastVoiceCommand’ changed from light on to light off

PS : thanks @J-N-K ! You rock!

1 Like

I didnt really fix anything, I just did a build with @J-N-K’s fix on the 2.5 version.

Looks like we might have an upgrade in our future…

1 Like

you are a rock star Jerry
Thanks to Jan as well for providing fix

A fix for 2.5 will help a lot of people around the world! Thanks for every effort!

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick fix! Maybe a side question: how will this fix be officially available? Is it automatically provided after merge when I do an update on openhabian? Or are there also maintenance releases for the addons once in a while? If I manually copy the addon now to my installation, will there be a conflict or so when later doing the OH updates?

If you uninstalled the binding and put the updated bundle in your addons folder, an update should not re-install a version from the distribution.

Except in rare corner cases openHAB does not do maintenance/patch releases, neither for core nor for addons. So regarding openHAB 3.0 and 3.1 keeping the updated bundle in the addons folder will be your best choice. For openHAB 3.2 the fixed version will be available from the marketplace. I have no idea if it will make it into the release.

Best Regards

Jan

1 Like

@j-n-k would you mind pointing me to your PR. I’d like to see what you did just so that I might be able to compare it to the 2.5 codebase. Thanks, Jerry

See PN.

Sorry, I dont understand. I’m looking here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pulls?q=amazonechocontrol. Is there someplace else?

Nevermind :slight_smile: sorry about that

@J-N-K you are right. This does not look like a straight forward backport. I will probably upgrade to OH3. Thanks for all your work.

1 Like

Strange, today LastVoiceCommand is working again here with openHAB 2.5.10

1 Like

Same here, problems went away (again) about 40 mins ago. Using 2.5 binding, USA location.
No Web socket errors, LastVoiceCommand working on two of my three echo dots, plus working on Echo Show.

• Thomas
1 Like

US Central Time Zone started working again at 2:50 pm. So happy for Amazon catching this issue again!

2021-10-14 02:48:53.473 [INFO ] [control.internal.WebSocketConnection] - Web Socket close 1005. Reason: null

Best, Jay

Also magically working again. Germany, plain vanilla OH 3.1.

I dont know what’s going on :frowning: 10:20 German time working → 10:50 not working anymore!
This ok - nok happens already since several days. Any explanation?

I guess it might depend on which server you connect. Maybe some still accept the old protocol.

It seems it’s working without errors in Germany today …

Same here – looks like its working again in the Pacific TZ