Wemo binding; always needs reset after unplugging the device

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Paspi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu 11
    • openHAB version: 3
  • Issue of the topic: wemo binding has to be reseted after unplugging the delock devices

I have a power supply where 4 delock devices are connected. And this power supply has a mater switch to power all off. These are my media devices so mostly this switch is off. Always after switching it on openhab ‘forgets’ the wemo bindings (Tasmota with Belkin wemo emulation). Nothing works. After one or more reboots of openhabian it starts working again. Before I tried to adress the devices with mqtt but I also ran in some problems. Other devices that are also switched off completely (e.g. Logitech Harmony hub) work without problems after switching power on.
Should I try again with mqtt or is there a chance with wemo?

Which version of openHAB?

Openhab 3, like I’ve written. :smiley:

I have seen a couple of Wemo emulations not behaving identically like an original Wemo. That’s why I refused some CRs in the past.
This might be the case here, therefore I would suggest to go the MQTT way.

You would have to be more specific. openHAB 3.0 was released in December 2020 and 3.4 in December 2022. In those two years many changes were made in the WeMo binding. This also includes a very important bugfix in 3.4.2 released in February this year.

Ah, ok. So I always did the updates: Openhab 3.4.2.
But I think I’ll try with MQTT.