Wemo binding not updating correctly Thing status?

Hi,
i’m searching to track the status of my wemo plug, which sometimes is unplugged by me or my relatives.
Reading the docs i thought i could easily retrieve that thanks to the new Thing Status api.
If i unplug my wemo the openhab log correctly report:

2017-12-09 16:11:47.966 [ERROR] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Failed to get actual state for device 'wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221622K120024B': Could not call WeMo

Nevertheless that the status in the karaf console still report it as ONLINE:

openhab> smarthome:things list wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221622K120024B (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Bagno Ptt Giorgione, Bridge=null)

I’m on the latest openhabian release, i’m missing something or i misunderstood how this api would work ?
Unluckily i could not achieve the same goal using other bindings (like the network binding) as i don’t have access to the router so i could not setup a static ip for my smart plug.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.

This is clearly a bug in WeMo binding, as it does not set thing status to offline if polling fails.
I will try to add this asap.

Thanks Hans-Jorg for your quick reply and your effort in keeping the binding up to date. There is any further step (like fill a bug report) i have to do, or the post here in the forum is enought?
Another very newby question: once fixed how can i install the last version of the binding, or get notified about the new version?

Thanks again

There is no additional step for you to do, I opened an issue accordingly

Unfortunately, the update will be available only after the next ESH update is pushed to openHAB.
I will see, if we can have it with the 2.2 Release.

Stefan already supplied the patch

Now we have to wait…

Great news! Thanks again!

Sorry to resume this old topic, but (at least in my case) the reported “presence bug” seems to be still there.
I’m running last stable OH release, 2.3.0, which as far as i can understand should include the fix (please correct me if i’m wrong), but neverthless that when i simply unplug my wemo insight the karaf console still report it as ONLINE.

Is it necessary to uninstall and then install back the binding in order to get the “fixed” version?
Actually the console report:
195 │ Active │ 80 │ 0.10.0.oh230 │ Eclipse SmartHome Wemo Binding

Many thanks in advance

2.3 includes the fix, but you have to wait for the next polling cicle to get notified. This might take up to 2 minutes.

Thanks hmerk for your kind reply. I tried this morning but, after i have unplugged the insight, and waited 10-15 minutes, the karaf console still report it as ONLINE

wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221622K120024B (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Bagno Ptt Giorgione, Bridge=null)

Moreover i can’t see anything in the openhab.log related to the Wemo. I remember that in my previous installation when the plug got unplugged i could see an error in the logfile (but maybe this can be related to my logfile settings)

If there is anything i can do to be more precise, please let me know
Thanks again

Sorry, but I am running out of Ideas.
I guess you will have to live with this until the next release. I am preparing a new version of the WeMo Binding with new devices added and switching communication to UPnP commpletely.

Thanks hmerk for your kindness and quick reply. I will wait :wink: